Interior cleaning and fitting of new stereo

George1966

Firstly could anyone recommend the best interior cleaning product for the dash etc of my 350z which will not result in it looking more plasticky and clean evenly. Also can anyone suggest a new stereo to replace original cd/cassette player which will fit straight in without any modification and a company to fit it as electrics not one of my strong points.

Anything you do to clean your 350Z dash will eventually end up with wear marks as the paint rubs off easily.  So the best thing to do is to take it out and respray it with a nice matt clear coat to finish it.

In the short term though most dash cleanders should be OK, but someone like @ilogikal1 or @SuperStu will probably give you the best advice on really good products.

As for stereos there are loads of double din units that you could put in, it really depends what you want.  Touch screen or not / android compatible / apple car play compatible, budget, etc.  If you let people know what you're looking for more specifically they've a better chance of helping you find what you want. :thumbs:

• Like 1

My first time being mentioned in the same breath as Obi Wan ilogikal1 - I just want to thank the academy, the fans...

For me, to clean it, just some diluted apc sprtized on a soft micro fibre towel, wipe on, flip, wipe off. To dress it, I’ve got a bit of C6 Matte Dash knocking about which I think is decent enough. But await The Oracle before spending any money just yet...

• Like 1

On 30/06/2018 at 10:39, SuperStu said:

My first time being mentioned in the same breath as Obi Wan ilogikal1 - I just want to thank the academy, the fans...

Someone will be along shortly to make claims about funding a remake if you're not careful... :lol:

Suitably diluted liquid APC (all purpose cleaner - supermarket own brands are as good as any, so cheap and cheerful is fine for this!), as my young padowan advises is the best option for cleaning. In terms of dressing afterwards just anything without silicone in it and you'll be fine - basically avoid Halfords! C6 is very good, as is HubiKote HubiDash is also one of my favourites.

Edited by ilogikal1