Oil catch can setup advice

Lex300

Hi guys looking at some advice on oil catch cans . Ive read around the forum and on youtube and there seems to be a few options in set ups and some agree and disagree opinions on set ups

I want to put a setup on my car just to prevent oil collecting in the plenum and to stop if any oil consumption. 

1.I seen one set up on youtube  with  pcv valve deleted then both pipes going to a vented catch can and blocking the plenum and intake off. And his findings was no oil in plenum and very low oil consumption. 

2.Ive read on the forums here one having  two closed baffle  catch cans going to each pcv valve and plumbed in as normal to plenum and intake  

3. Ive read you can leave the intake side and just put a catch can on the drivers side. .

Which is the best option to fit and forget to minimise or stop oil consumption and oil pool in the plenum. Thats is safe todo and wouldn't cause a problem.  Thanks 

Edited by Lex300

No.3 imo and thats what I run, the PCV valve is there for a reason. Crankcase pressure is reduced by the low rpm intake vacuum, so venting to atmosphere make no sense as the gases aren't being drawn out.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, davey_83 said:

No.3 imo and thats what I run, the PCV valve is there for a reason. Crankcase pressure is reduced by the low rpm intake vacuum, so venting to atmosphere make no sense as the gases aren't being drawn out.  

So am i best just to run one catch can any recommendations i was looking at the compact mishimoto ones. A lot of tuning videos and usa guys run option one as they said its stops the oil going into the engine and causing messed up fuel to air mix buring with oil and the oil can cause engine knock with oil going into the cylinders.. its only what ive been finding on the web. So i just making sure i buy the right set up. Thanks

Up to you, I run one plumbed into the pcv valve side. Any catch can will do however ideally you want baffled with wire mesh inside to help trap the oil. Also I have a gauge on mine to show the level.

2 hours ago, davey_83 said:

Up to you, I run one plumbed into the pcv valve side. Any catch can will do however ideally you want baffled with wire mesh inside to help trap the oil. Also I have a gauge on mine to show the level.

davey where did you get yours from ive been looking at baffled cans but cannot find one with a gauge level.