2017 Nismo £540 Tax?

FallenAngelX

Hey all,

So I have been looking for a car for a while, and found a nice Nismo 2017, with less than 10k on the clock. It also has the service pack and comes with 2 free services and has warranty remaining. How ever I have just realised that the tax is £540 a year, as the car missed the reg date by a 2 days so it is not £140.

Long term do you think this will cause any major issues in terms of re--sale, will people stay away from this model and jump to the £140 instead? I really like the car, but not sure what to do here. To jump up to a 2017 that qualifies for the £140 tax its gonna cost me over £1500 extra at which point I am probably gonna end up worse off because of the extra outlay for the car. Should I get the car or leave it?

All advice appreciated.

Thanks

7 minutes ago, Payco said:

Buy it. its a small price to pay for a great car. I am in the same tax bracket and don't give it a second thought.

Thanks, I agree its a fantastic car, I was just concerned about resale value, especially given it falls in to the 2017 bracket, so would be competing against other 2017 cars with in the £140 tax bracket. Or do you think people will overlook and not be to bothered about this?

7 hours ago, Ekona said:

You’re right, I’m getting it mixed up with the £40k extra payment. Just the first year, then. 

£140 per year as long as the retail price was £39,999 or below.

370z Nismo with metallic paint is £39,950 prior to any discount.

For cars costing above £40k there is an extra £400 to pay (£540 total) for the first 5 years.

Edited by Bikeracer

If you think £40 odd a month for 370 road tax is bad, wait til you get to the petrol pump....:scare:

I looked at many different cars for almost 18 months before finally ending up in my 370. I looked at all factors from insurance/tax/petrol/residuals etc then ignored them and went for what i thought would be the most fun:yahoo:

• Like 2

Depends on how many years you are thinking of keeping it, surely the two free services will save you more than you'll pay on the VED. It'll only be worth a little less than a theoretically similar car with lower tax, as long as you keep it nice someone will buy it.

On 27/06/2018 at 19:35, StormWhite said:

Perhaps I am wrong but I thought the reduced VED (£140) was a result of paying a large extra sum when purchasing the car new.

You are right, at first registration you do have to pay a 'lump' sum for tax. 370Z is £1700 for the first year.

• Like 1

Mine missed it by a week or so. It was either that or pay 3k extra to get one or wait and wait and wait......................................still waiting for an ex demo in White. I gt it cheaper by 3k

It works out £45 pound a month. It probably hurts me a lot more than people in a better financial position. I guess youre thinking why am I paying that when I can pay that for a car like M3 E92 or something a bit better. Thats where love of the car comes in over what makes sense. Youre driving a car that makes kids point with their mouths wide open and women say oh look at that car, while their men grit their teeth.....That alone is worth the £540 LOL

Edited by GranTurismoEra