Lowered suspension

N13GEY

Anyone assist? I've a 2004 Zed, lowered by 30mm. I have issues negotiating speed humps and would like to reduce the lowering to say 15 or 20mm. Any advice? I've a set of standard springs in the garage and if I decide to reduce the lowering to say 15 or 20mm could these standard springs be cut or modified? Again any advice would be appreciated.

I'd suggest buying a set of Tein s tech springs for a 17mm drop, should give you decent clearance for day to day.

This is on the assumption that you're lowered on springs now and not coilovers. Oh and no don't cut you're stock springs, it won't end well.

• 1 month later...

That'd be brill! All 4? OK for a 2004 Zed? Would you be happy to parcel them up so I could arrange collection? Suggest PM me with details if pos.

Edited by N13GEY
pressed send b4 time!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm now committed to changing my 30mm Eibach lowering springs for  17mm Teins. I reckon this will give me clearance over speed humps and stones that get deposited on the track to Chez N13GEY. As a 1st pass, has anyone a set of 17mm Teins that are going begging/swop for Eibachs?

• 2 weeks later...

Tein springs fitted here with wheel spacers. No problems over speed bumps at all and the ride is drastically improved. 

I was debating to go with eibach as I would like it a little bit lower but the fact that I would need camber arms and the possibility of scraping over speed bumps I chose the more sensible option.

IMAG1150.jpg

Edited by Panoz33

On ‎21‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 03:33, Panoz33 said:

Tein springs fitted here with wheel spacers. No problems over speed bumps at all and the ride is drastically improved. 

I was debating to go with eibach as I would like it a little bit lower but the fact that I would need camber arms and the possibility of scraping over speed bumps I chose the more sensible option.

IMAG1150.jpg