Misfire and P0350 error code

cb350

Hi all,

I know there have been similar questions on this in the past, but I haven't quite found exactly what I'm looking for...

Basically I'm getting an engine error code P0350 (and only that code) - first off I was getting it with no apparent issues with drivability. I changed the leads and spark plugs, everything seemed fine for a while and then the error started to return again.

Now I'm getting a misfire pretty much constantly (it's there at idle and under load). I know that P0350 code is coil circuit, so I'm guessing it's a coil pack that's gone down?

If I had the money, I'd change all the coil packs but I'm sadly not quite rich enough at the moment :(

So...

1. What's the best way to figure out which cylinder has gone down? Is there an easy method or should I pull the plugs and look for a spark on each one individually?

2. Could anything else be wrong? I read that I should check the earth cable at the front of the engine... I've checked it and can confirm it's there :D - how should I test for continuity, as it seems to disappear into a bigger loom?

3. It's a JDM '03 model. The coil packs all seem to be around £100 each. Are there any cheaper alternatives that actually work?

Sorry if this is really basic and I've missed a post covering it.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Chris.