eBay Find (Short Tails 370Z)

sgtarg

59 minutes ago, StormWhite said:

I have just bought them. Seems a great price but concerned about fitment & noise levels/drone.

Will update when fitted.

I have also ordered a set and they have arrived. Quality build and they look awesome. I won't get them fitted until Tuesday so if you get them on before update. I will load a few pictures and videos also for anyone who might be interested in them :thumbs:

• Like 1

I was looking at them too, i tried to find a video on them couldn't find anything. 

I hope they sound good, please update us on the fitment and sound. 

BTW any of you guys running de cat pipes with them? 

Mine arrived at around 1pm today.

Having watched a YouTube video for an AAM short tails install they took me around an hour to fit.

The noise levels are fine and a tremendous improvement over standard, not too loud either, in fact the drone I anticipated at motorway speeds is inaudible due to tyre noise.

Sometimes I can be too picky so fitment wise I would say they fit OK but not quite 100% perfect. On the downside they stick out much further than the standard exhaust on a non Nismo, no doubt because they are a universal fit for Nismo & non Nismo.

Also my car only has two exhaust hangers for the back box (One on each side) so the third hanger (See Ebay pictures) is totally unused. I considered neatly cutting it off but decided to leave it on as it can't be seen under normal circumstances.

Overall a big improvement over standard and compared to AAM resonated Short Tails significantly cheaper.

Edited by StormWhite
More info

4 hours ago, StormWhite said:

Mine arrived at around 1pm today.

Having watched a YouTube video for an AAM short tails install they took me around an hour to fit.

The noise levels are fine and a tremendous improvement over standard, not too loud either, in fact the drone I anticipated at motorway speeds is inaudible due to tyre noise.

Sometimes I can be too picky so fitment wise I would say they fit OK but not quite 100% perfect. On the downside they stick out much further than the standard exhaust on a non Nismo, no doubt because they are a universal fit for Nismo & non Nismo.

Also my car only has two exhaust hangers for the back box (One on each side) so the third hanger (See Ebay pictures) is totally unused. I considered neatly cutting it off but decided to leave it on as it can't be seen under normal circumstances.

Overall a big improvement over standard and compared to AAM resonated Short Tails significantly cheaper.

Do you have any images and videos buddy? 

12 minutes ago, StormWhite said:

None so far. Buddy.

Also fitted mine today and I can completely agree that they are a remarkable improvement over the stock unit. A lovely burble at low revs and really enjoyable sound in the higher rev range.

Ive done about 40 miles and some motorway and I agree there is no noticeable drone over the tyre noise in 6th at 60, 70, 80 + . If I were going to be picky I would agree that the fitment is not perfect. They do indeed stick out alittle more than stock and it might be something I can address at a later date. For now I do have some videos and pictures and will upload them soon. Just some quick ones before I had to and I quote "turn the bloody car off and come inside" :boxing::lol:

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Ranj 370z said:

I was looking at them too, i tried to find a video on them couldn't find anything. 

I hope they sound good, please update us on the fitment and sound. 

BTW any of you guys running de cat pipes with them? 

Hey Ranj, nope not running decat, I will do a rev up video and a cold start video so you can hear the noises and will drop a couple more pics on after work tomorrow.

11 minutes ago, sgtarg said:

Hey Ranj, nope not running decat, I will do a rev up video and a cold start video so you can hear the noises and will drop a couple more pics on after work tomorrow.

I am not running decat either, sgtarg's picture perfectly illustrates how much too far the tips stick out on a non Nismo