370z pre purchase jitters PADDLE SHIFT urgent!

z350convert

I'm on brink of swapping 350 for a 370. I fancy paddle shifts for a change and I've found a 2010 car, but it's a long way away from me. A deal has been agreed in principal.

My question is; will a mid 2010 auto car with paddle shifters have the rev match system, or was it introduced later? It's a deal breaker.

Thanks

Don’t know about paddle shift but doubt it will have auto rev match. Google is your friend. You won’t have any regrets either way.

Edited by Payco

You don’t need rev match on an automatic. It’s a torque converter, not a manual gearbox with regular clutches.

Pull paddle, it’ll either let you change gear and match the revs to do so or it won’t let you change gear at all.

1 hour ago, Ekona said:

You don’t need rev match on an automatic. It’s a torque converter, not a manual gearbox with regular clutches.

Pull paddle, it’ll either let you change gear and match the revs to do so or it won’t let you change gear at all.

Have you been Googling again, Dan? :lol: 

• Like 1

Think i may have answered my own question. There is a youtube piece with a woman in a 2009 roadster doing a review. She mentions the “satisfying blip” of the engine when downshifting with the paddles.I know they use a torque converter rather than dual clutch on the auto but i was sure Nissan had come up with a rev match for it, i wasnt sure when they introduced it.

Thanks for the replies.

Just to clarify, every single auto ’box (and dual clutches) does this. If it didn’t, then it would make the car undriveable as it would snatch at every high rpm downshift. 

Nissan, BMW, VAG, Vauxhall, all the same.