F1 up for sale.... (not even your average lotto will pay for this one)

AMT

Seen this on CarBuzz, I hate the colour, the wheels and the tan interior but dear god its an F1 and not many go up for sale often.  Will be interesting (if unsurprising) what price it goes for.

680 ponies in a 20 year old car...good god.

I wish some car shows (although some have done it will the odd car or so) would do a proper test with an F1 against modern stuff, just....just to see where it lies in terms of straight line performance these days.  Like the 'supercardrive' shoot outs and drags you seen on youtube (the inner kid in me loves those). 

Either way this thing will go for silly money and tbh (along with most cars) probably not ACTUALLY worth it, after all even with history etc...its a car. You can buy islands for some of the prices of cars sold at auctions for goodness sake lol

https://carbuzz.com/news/someone-will-pay-insane-money-for-this-ultra-rare-mclaren-f1-lm

Thoughts? (if any)

Good investment

No one here should be buying a car for an investment lol. I bought the Z knowing it would loose money and didn't care as thats not the point lol. I've watched some car shows on the MCLaren F1 and there are people using them daily (thankfully)... fair enough keep some for historic purposes but the rest should be driven and not care about mileage or depreciation. Again my opinion but you really shouldn't be buying hoping it holds on to money... thats just a bonus if it does. Drive the thing, put lots of miles on it and have lots of smiles lol

Edited by AMT

On 19/06/2018 at 06:10, The Bounty Bar Kid said:

Yes it's a car but it's also a pie e of art and history. If you can afford it then why not. Good investment too.

Investment? Have you seen the cost of maintaining a standard F1 that isn't even driven?!? :lol: