DIY-uk.com How Do I Remove These?

Stutopia

There’s a wide selection of ingenious, resourceful people on the forum, not to mention a load of you who know how to break things.

I got rid of some unwanted gates at Stutopia Towers, but now I’m stuck with these. They need to go. Any ideas better than just dremelling them off to a razor sharp stub?

2C2B26E3-8EA2-4EAA-A4BA-074E199BE623.jpeg

B5CB9B1B-9602-4F6E-BC2B-33C974AE7CE5.jpeg

Well as you don't have a Dremel or an angle grinder I thought what would I do without either of those and I would either go with Alex's idea or in my case I'd get the oxy acetylene torch out and cut/melt them right back into the hole and fill over it. O you don't have oxy acetylene either?? What sort of a garage do you have?? :lol:

OK then beat the end over to ninety degrees it will either snap or bend, if it snaps it will do it in line with the wall hopefully :thumbs:  if it bends then put a hollow bar or adjustable spanner over the bent end and beat it anti clockwise, it should unscrew (if its that sort of stud) Alex's method may do the same thing) if it doesn't unscrew it should snap at the point that it is locked into the wall when you turn it enough.

It may just loosen in the hole but then a crowbar should lever it out.

You can get exterior grade filler so you don't need cement to fill the hole :thumbs:

EDIT - What Ekona just said while I was typing this

Edited by Keyser
  • Like 1