Front bumper fettling advice.

Beefy

Hey guys, so after a LONG time, I finally got my "KBD Nissan 350Z (03-08) Nismo 2 Style 1 Piece Polyurethane Front Bumper" ipainted.
LINK:
https://www.tarmacsportz.co.uk/kbd-nissan-350z-03-08-nismo-2-style-1-piece-polyurethane-front-bumper.html

Anyway, it fits around the wings pretty well, is actually the best sized aftermarket bumper I've seen in general. However, the badge area, inbetween the headlights is a bit oversized, I have drilled pilimary holes, and it clear there is maybe 15mm too much material that distorts the area, not allowing for correct fitment, although this has no effect on the other areas of the bumper, just the front pins (Just above the badge).

I've looked around a bit online, and can't find any information on how to fettle this to fit a bit better, if anybody has any advice it would be more than welcome :)

Thanks in advance

-Beefy

Edited by Beefy

On 12/06/2018 at 12:49, GrahameJ said:

Fettling Polyurethane - warm it up with a heat gun, shape it and hold in position (possibly with self-tapping screws)  until it cools off.

Hope that helps.

See:

Thanks for the advice!

If only I knew this before I painted the bumper :bangin:

Going to leave it "Partially fitted" and secured with ties until it takes it propper shape for a few days, seems to have worked reasonably well so far!

Shame it'll never look 100% from up close, but hopefully it'll look good from a "Reasonable" distance!

You could try warming the bumper up, taking care to keep the heat gun moving and don't linger in one spot, or you will bubble the paint. I did ;)

When it is warm to touch by hand then tighten up the ties you have used to secure it.

On 15/06/2018 at 12:50, GrahameJ said:

You could try warming the bumper up, taking care to keep the heat gun moving and don't linger in one spot, or you will bubble the paint. I did ;)

When it is warm to touch by hand then tighten up the ties you have used to secure it.

The Missus hairdryer it is then!