Handbrake

antnee

My 370Z is 3 months old now and the handbrake has always been a bit rubbish. When you pull up and stop using the foot brake, then apply the handbrake the car will move slightly upon releasing the footbrake. I thought it might just be down to different mechanisms used for the 2 brakes, however after stopping on a steep incline and the car rolling back 2ft I decided Nissan needed to take a look at it.

Fast forward to yesterday, the dealer had it back in for the day and 'adjusted' the handbrake. It seems to come on slightly earlier in the travel but is still similar performance. I can get the handbrake to come on fully and properly hold the car, however you have to to use a lot of force to pull up the handbrake.

Is this normal on a 370z?

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Did you ever get this issue sorted? I'm having the same issue on my 370.

I took mine in last week to the dealer and they supposedly adjusted the handbrake and said that it wasn't rolling back anymore. In fairness, it isn't rolling back as much but still a fair bit.

Does yours have the automatic hill hold?

17 minutes ago, WhyT said:

Did you ever get this issue sorted? I'm having the same issue on my 370.

I took mine in last week to the dealer and they supposedly adjusted the handbrake and said that it wasn't rolling back anymore. In fairness, it isn't rolling back as much but still a fair bit.

Does yours have the automatic hill hold?

Have you followed this guide: http://www.the370z.com/diy-section-do-yourself/37136-diy-fix-your-crappy-parking-brake-make-work.html ?

Adjusted mine on my 350z last week (pretty much the same procedure as for the 370) and its 100x better - before I wouldn't have trusted it at all.