ART Test Pipes

jollyranchers

Anyone got the ART test pipes ?

I'm thinking of adding some to my Invida Gemini , these appear to be one of the quietest options compared with HFC's which is my primary objective , dont want to ruin the sound of my Z making it stupidly loud

https://www.tarmacsportz.co.uk/nissan/nissan-350z/motordyne-nissan-370z-advanced-resonance-tuning-art-test-pipes.html

Edited by jollyranchers

• 1 month later...

Yeah ART Pipes are underestimated IMO. They really are even quieter than HFCs and focus on reducing drone and other frequencies. At the moment I’ve got Ark Grip with it but next week I’m fitting a motordyne shockwave. 

I can’t remember what the invidia looks like. But as said I’ve been using ARK Grip with ART Pipes and there’s zero drone. Not even cold starts. Hence why i’m gonna give the motordyne shockwave a go

2 hours ago, valy said:

I run ART decats with the Motordyne shockwave V2 and it is amazing,not too loud,no drone or other things so definetly one of the best setups you can have on your zed :thumbs:

I ordered mine last week and it’s in the UK now. When you say shockwave V2, does it mean there was a v1 a while ago?. Since I ordered mine only a week ago from Tarmac, I’d expect it to be the revised version 2 too right?

also if you’ve got any videos you’ve made yourself can you send me a link or post here cause I’d love to hear it. I’ve already seen all the YouTube’s ones 

yes,I think there was a version 1 (tdx1) a few years ago but quite sure is not about any longer so you are getting a tdx 2 more likely

I don't think I have made videos of mine but definitely sounds amazing...you will love it

I had 2 k1 and an Injen before but nothing compares to this exhaust setup

Quick question lads - 350 HR ART pipes fit 370 too right? If so I have a set available ;)

I ran them with a Cobra non-res on my 350, 104.8db static. Raspy between 2-3k which was perfect for motorway and an amazing noise once the flow is there for the weird plenum to do it's stuff.

I swapped mine out for MOT and yep, all the fuel smell.. decat straight through will always do that. You don't want to idle against a wall or something for long like that..

Pretty amazing though how something that loud can have absolutely no drone and be basically silent part throttle at 80.. could barely hear it over road/tyre noise.

• Like 1

Motordyne ART Pipes are the way forward for someone looking for a bit extra in their exhaust... simple!

Although minimal, gains proven power wise and the sound is incredible without a "chavvy" or raspy noise... 

100% recommended, only draw back is typical exhaust fume smell and won't pass a genuine MOT :lol:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 01/08/2018 at 19:44, reeceybeaney said:

Motordyne ART Pipes are the way forward for someone looking for a bit extra in their exhaust... simple!

Although minimal, gains proven power wise and the sound is incredible without a "chavvy" or raspy noise... 

100% recommended, only draw back is typical exhaust fume smell and won't pass a genuine MOT :lol:

Really tempted to replace the Japspeed test pipes on my Supercharged Nismo with Motordyne Art test pipes. The current set up with cobra cat back if far too noisy.

Woundering how much noise reduction I would achieve with the Motordyne ART test pipes?

On 29/07/2018 at 09:41, jollyranchers said:

thanks for the comments guys , assume your swapping these out when it comes to mot time ?

any issues with fuel smell?

Should be able to find a friendly MOT tester....

Ive got Japspeed test pipes and Cobra catback on my Supercharged Nismo, no issues with fuel smell.