Le Mans 2018

Can't trace this years who's going so here it is.

Setting off next Sun, arrive at Tertre Rouge Tues lunchtime, beginning to get giddy now.

Anyone passing say hi & stop for a beer.

In Houx with 41 (!) other people, we are making a pub. Some taster images:

No automatic alt text available.

We have a quiz night, ladies night, roast on Sunday and some nice touches too - last orders bell, picture of the queen, lots of brewery bar mats and towels, horse brasses ........ but my favourite:

Image may contain: text

Come and say hello, I doubt youll miss us ........ :lol:

Very quiet on here this year,not many going?

Car packed & stickered up today, no room for a petit pois now, we're leaving tomorrow for Surrey, Mon for Rouen, Tues arrive Tertre Rouge, yippeeeeeee.

27 minutes ago, kinabalu said:

Very quiet on here this year,not many going?

Car packed & stickered up today, no room for a petit pois now, we're leaving tomorrow for Surrey, Mon for Rouen, Tues arrive Tertre Rouge, yippeeeeeee.

I think in its current state wec has little to justify the expenses and travel 

On 09/06/2018 at 22:12, StevoD said:

I think in its current state wec has little to justify the expenses and travel 

Compared to what, F1? Did you actually watch the last two races? :lol:

TBH its difficult to understand until youve been, but 6/12/24 hour races with 4 different classes on track at the same time isnt comparable to normal racing - instead of seeing the cars for 5 seconds every 2.5 minutes theres almost constant action in front of you, but theres also time to go to different viewing points, get food and drink etc. too.   

The cars also look different and sound different from each other, you can have different weather every hour and the camping element at LM is amazing, lots of petrolheads drunk for 5 days solid cant be bad :lol:

Anyway, check out the Rebellion/TVR qualifying times, could be a race in LMP1 yet .........

36 minutes ago, docwra said:

Compared to what, F1? Did you actually watch the last two races? :lol:

TBH its difficult to understand until youve been, but 6/12/24 hour races with 4 different classes on track at the same time isnt comparable to normal racing - instead of seeing the cars for 5 seconds every 2.5 minutes theres almost constant action in front of you, but theres also time to go to different viewing points, get food and drink etc. too.   

The cars also look different and sound different from each other, you can have different weather every hour and the camping element at LM is amazing, lots of petrolheads drunk for 5 days solid cant be bad :lol:

Anyway, check out the Rebellion/TVR qualifying times, could be a race in LMP1 yet .........

I have been and i hate f1 for reference 

But I'm not paying £1500 to watch Toyota race themselves :lol:

They managed to beat themselves last year though :lol: You havent checked out the Rebellion time either ;)

And £1500 is a bit on the heavy side, this year tickets are about £70, a car is £130 odd so if you split 4 ways its not that bad at all - we're only sticking EUR 200 each in the whip for food and beer all week. This will be 12 in a row for me, I just love it. 

Just now, docwra said:

They managed to beat themselves last year though :lol: You havent checked out the Rebellion time either ;)

And £1500 is a bit on the heavy side, this year tickets are about £70, a car is £130 odd so if you split 4 ways its not that bad at all - we're only sticking EUR 200 each in the whip for food and beer all week. This will be 12 in a row for me, I just love it. 

try going with Ekona lol i was quoted around 8-900 ended up down just over £1500 lol

Pfft peanuts :p 

Also we do it posh, you could well do it for much less, I just wouldn’t want to :lol: Although I’m not a plumber any more so can’t afford to go this year, not that I want to until they sort the mess that is LMP1 out. 

GTE PRO, Is probably where it’s at, BMW back in the mix etc.

A friend is joining us on Friday, flying into Nantes then train and tram to the circuit, for a laugh, he priced a helicopter from Nantes to Le Mans, £6.5K :lol:

We’ve managed to do it all for well under a £1K each, 4 of us, 4 good size pitches (2 5x5 and 2 7x5), tickets, ferry and an overnight tomorrow near Dover, even the 5 fill ups required for the 1600mile round trip.  Food and drink, no more than a few hundred quid.

not a huge price to pay for 6 nights, seven days of a lads road trip.  I paid £2.5k for a week in a villa with a pool in Provence last year, not including the 4 days there and back, hotels, fuel etc.  So Le Mans is a bit of a bargain :teeth:

I only watch F1 now, hoping to see Hamilton go into ever more hilarious moods when it doesn’t go his way :lol:, I suppose they’re all the same.

anyway, been a few years since I’ve been, I wouldn’t go to Le Mans every year

cvviuYN.jpg

Our pub worked rather well, we had lots of people walking in and offering us money, looks like we will end up on German TV as well :D

I dont know if this is going to work but this video sums up LM for me, we had nicked the motorised scooter from a feller dressed as Immortan Joe from Mad Max. this wasnt even the crazy night :lol:

https://www.facebook.com/julian.mapp.71/videos/10155390453175877/?t=2

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...