Photography and a change of camera.

I know that there are a few hobby photographers here, so i though i would ask who is using  a compact mirror-less and what do you think about it, reason i'm asking is because i am not always happy with the pictures i take and get fed up with constant tweaking and having to carry lenses around with my current DSLR kit.

So i am seriously thinking of just selling up and get a compact that i can use point and shoot, but also tweak occasionally instead of all the time, as i just don't have the required patience these days,, so what have you got, and whats its like?

What sort of photography are you doing at the moment? With smart phone doing so great at the moment, i'm constantly thinking if i should just get a good smart phone (Huawei P20, Samsung S9, Sony, IPhone, etc) and sell all my DSLR kit. Compact mirror-less is good for portrait and street photography imho.

i personally think mirror-less will work well with landscape, for animals/birds you'll still need a telescopic lens but mirror-less will benefit from a lighter smaller body. Phone will never be able to replace telescopic lens.

Found this pretty interesting article --> https://mirrorlesscomparison.com/best/mirrorless-cameras-for-wildlife-and-bird-photography/

I'm still holding on to my Nikon D90 =) old camera that doesn't really perform well in low light but good enough for what I need (portrait and street).

When you say not happy with the pics you have taken, what's the issue? poor AF performance?

True but you can get an assortment of lens for the mirror-less cameras from what i have seen,  i just cant seem to get the pics sharp enough for my taste, i mainly use manual settings but often use AF, and i think its all down to the older tech and its focus points, trouble is when shooting animals you don't often have the time to mess about.

I see your point there, older tech will struggle as you'll usually have only 1 window of opportunity to shoot wildlife (not with a rifle) B)  Looks like an upgrade is unavoidable ;) I struggled with my camera when i was shooting at my mate's wedding in a church.......it was so annoying that most of my pics were out of focus and grainy (when i pump up the ISO). I was on the edge of getting a newer body (D800 or something newer) but decided against it as i wasn't going to do this as a business.