Bye bye Matt

While id love to see Guy Martin do it, it would be so out of character I doubt it would work out. He seems to be exclusive to Channel4 anyway. Knowing the BBC and its diversity push Id expect them to fit a woman into the lineup just because it ticks a box.

From the bits iv'e seen, the presenting is pretty wooden and, the banter is quite telegraphed. I think if you can't tell a joke..... don't. They're trying to keep the recipe going with different ingredients and unfortunately the cake isn't rising to the occasion, it's pretty flat. Just my money's worth. Can't be bothered to sit through it TBH. 

But bye bye Matt!! definitely the best of the bunch so far.

Edited by Rock_Steady

I did watch the last season and it thought it was vastly improved from CE, but imho, its still the old TG, banter, gags, staged scenes, basically the same format (which was why most moaned about the old TG), problem for me was, it just didnt work between the new three and echoing Stu, Rory is a complete and utter bell e... but MLB was pretty good and could never complain about seeing CH spanking exotica around so worth a watch.

Please dont get GM in, leave him doing his awkward but very watchable stuff elsewhere and definitely not James Martin, also see Phillip Glenister is mentioned with the bookies, good lord if there is one way to put nail in the coffin it will be that dire, surly tw*t!

Jodie Kidd please, got a thing for tall women ;)

Edited by Jetpilot
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Jetpilot said:

Jodie Kidd please, got a thing for tall women ;)

From my time in law enforcement, cocaine peddling, men, women, tall or otherwise, would be a poor example to set in a ‘halo’ type programme.  The particular one you mention is wooden, privelaged and an utterly boring person.

However, i cant help but agree with the above comments re that Rory fella, what a complete and utter bellend, no matter what his segment is, i mute the tv, just to make sure i dont boot the f**k out of it, leaves me cold, f**k him back to oblivion on the tinternet.

Anyway, no matter who presents, ill still watch, been watching since Angela Ripon was presenting it :lol:

i can see why Le Blanc is quiting tho’.  

• Haha 1

Be a shame to see him go, really liked him in the last series, him and Chris seemed to work well together. Not too sure on Rory, liked him on some episodes but then comes across as a bit of a tw@t on others. Guess a lot of it depends on how the episode was scripted.

I'm a big fan of  James Martin's programs as a chef and presenter, but I'm not sure he'd be the right person for TG personally.

On 02/06/2018 at 19:45, The G Man said:

From my time in law enforcement, cocaine peddling, men, women, tall or otherwise, would be a poor example to set in a ‘halo’ type programme.  The particular one you mention is wooden, privelaged and an utterly boring person.

She was very good on the last series of the Classic Car Show, she can also drive, has presenting experience, has a big interest in cars and is well known and invited to everything ever, thats a damn sight better than 2 of the current three IMO. And I would, obvs. 
And she was never convicted of any charges related to coke, and it was over 10 years ago. 

James Martin could be an interesting one as hes dyed in the wool petrolhead, I just hope whoever it is has some knowledge about cars and can drive a bit :) 

^^^ She is currently doing the IOM TT on ITV and have to say she compliments the ex bike racers well and seems very interested and well versed.

Regarding her past, i could count the celebrities in the spotlight on one hand that havent had some drug involvement and i by no means encourage drug use etc, i despise it to be honest, however i wasnt suggesting i want to take her home to meet my mum  ;)