? hockey puck ? - engine mounts

pcartwright

Hi all, I am wondering if anyone has replaced their engine mounts with hockey pucks?   if so, how does it change the feel of the car and how many pucks did you use

I use my 350z 95% of the time on the track so I dont mind some extra noise in the car.

Peter

On 5/30/2018 at 18:45, scobie140 said:

I'm going to guess not many people will have done this red neck mod :lol:

Brilliant response, this made me chuckle :lol::lol: 

Well, if any "red necks" out there that have tried this mod (I also understand it is popular in the drift scene) let me know as it is considerably cheaper than purchasing aftermarket mounts.   

Fortunately I play hockey so have a few spare, plan to make up a gearbox mount for my 200sx cd00* gearbox swap.

The hardness rating of a puck is 92 I think and standard engine mounts are 60ish while race mounts go between 80-100 so its well setup for being quite responsive. As for fitting there was a guy on youtube who done some on his trans and engine that was quite good to watch(not a 350z).

I will have a look at my spare oem engine mounts to see what might need done and how many pucks might be needed.

On 6/5/2018 at 12:47, evilscorp said:

Fortunately I play hockey so have a few spare, plan to make up a gearbox mount for my 200sx cd00* gearbox swap.

The hardness rating of a puck is 92 I think and standard engine mounts are 60ish while race mounts go between 80-100 so its well setup for being quite responsive. As for fitting there was a guy on youtube who done some on his trans and engine that was quite good to watch(not a 350z).

I will have a look at my spare oem engine mounts to see what might need done and how many pucks might be needed.

Hi, yes that would be perfect to understand how many and bolt length. I currently have a box of 10x pucks, with 10mm hole in center ready to go!!  

My main concern with the pucks is the amount of heat that the engine and exhaust manifolds give off and how long the pucks would last before cracking/splitting.

I have read other cars such as rx7, s13 having hockey puck engine mounts for several years and no issues. 

Peter