2nd Hand Bargain? M235i Coupe/Convertible

hmale4yu

Caught my eye as they seem to have dropped following the introduction of the 240i. Both the standard car and convertible have dropped dramatically early £20s lowish miles from a list price of £35k

Just crossed my mind since a friend of mine has their eye on an Abarth 595 (new) which go for around the same price / slightly more

Which do you think is the better deal. Slightly concerned the interior of the 500 is plasticky but ive heard its a v fun drive despite being 180hp

On a side note, is there any merit to the 230i ; seems to have decent performance but not as frugal as the more popular diesel/ 1.5l petrol options

Edited by hmale4yu

Struggling to believe someone is genuinely comparing a Fiat 500 against an M235i :lol:

Along with the Golf R they are the worlds greatest bargain at the moment, the M135i is even better value and Id wager the M2 is going to go the same way now the CS is out. They are really good IMO, good feedback from chassis, nice and fast but reasonably practical and economical at the same time. Auto gearbox and active damping are both good, remaps see big power for very little money - if your friend buys a Fiat 500 instead of the Bimmer disown them ;):lol: 

• Like 1

I think the Golf R previously mentioned is a bit too common even when you spec it up with the Pretorias, white/silver paint it never really looks that special . The only Golf that comes close is the Clubsport which now has the older rear lights 

Back to the 235i , do you feel that this offers the best bargain atm ; 240 still p new . Do you expect the 235is to continue to as dramatically drop?

I'm not sure re the M2 ; think this will hold value a lot better despite the new flag ship coming soon (though in limited numbers I believe)

There so cheap now because no one should of paid rrp, I got something like £8k of my M140i. Prices have dropped quickly but will settle down because this will be the last 6 pot hot 1 series and also from July they won't be making manual Mx40i's

• Like 1

I nearly bought one. But by the time I changed the awful standard wheels, changed the silver mirrors for carbon ones, bought the m performance carbon bits and exhaust. It wasn’t cheap anymore. 

Wheels are a problem as they as they are so narrow. Hard to find something that looks good. 

Early M2’s will come down massively once the M2 competition replaces the lci model. 

On 30/05/2018 at 07:45, un1eash said:

There so cheap now because no one should of paid rrp, I got something like £8k of my M140i. Prices have dropped quickly but will settle down because this will be the last 6 pot hot 1 series and also from July they won't be making manual Mx40i's

This seems to be a fairly common theme at the moment with BMW, maybe it was in the past but never looked that much, they kicked the ass out of M4's residuals.