Fatal attraction - New Type R

GranTurismoEra

10 hours ago, GranTurismoEra said:

Its a Honda thats why it appeals...The reliability factor and fact its hardly anyone cuppa.. a transmission issue at the moment i heard though ()gearcrunch) aside from that.....

just a shame there were overheating when been driven hard on track

https://dailytoge.wordpress.com/2017/08/15/owners-report-the-new-civic-type-r-is-overheating-at-the-track/

On 18/06/2018 at 12:46, Jetpilot said:

I went to MacLaren Knightsbridge with a mate to look at a few, they had a 720s there, with a few necessary options you are minimum £225k plus, 30% isnt a little more on top, its another level and a different price bracket.

But a truly to die for car, not something you can say about a Nsx.

Yeah i know someone whos got a 720s. Hopefully get to see it in the flesh and go for passenger ride....a brand new specced up NSX is £180,000 give or take. an extra £40,000+ if you have that kind of money £40k extra isnt the end of the world for a lot of people. In that market they arent going to be saying oh look £30,000 its wayyy out of my budget range... For people who can afford its realistic...

For people who spent that on their house it isnt a little on top......For the dude who I know got one few weeks back its the same as he spent renting out a private jet for a short trip with 10 of his mates. AS they say if you are in that market for real you wont think £30,000 extra is much unless youre buyin on credit. 

NSX SLS AMG 911 Turbo. Why would anyone pick NSX out of the 3 lol unless your a die hard JDM fan or just curious for something different....

Edited by GranTurismoEra

On 18/06/2018 at 23:06, StevoD said:

just a shame there were overheating when been driven hard on track

https://dailytoge.wordpress.com/2017/08/15/owners-report-the-new-civic-type-r-is-overheating-at-the-track/

My 370 overheats without oil cooler....but i know what you mean....but you can go for german and have christmas lights popping up after 2 laps lol

5 hours ago, GranTurismoEra said:

Yeah i know someone whos got a 720s. Hopefully get to see it in the flesh and go for passenger ride....a brand new specced up NSX is £180,000 give or take. an extra £40,000+ if you have that kind of money £40k extra isnt the end of the world for a lot of people. In that market they arent going to be saying oh look £30,000 its wayyy out of my budget range... For people who can afford its realistic...

For people who spent that on their house it isnt a little on top......For the dude who I know got one few weeks back its the same as he spent renting out a private jet for a short trip with 10 of his mates. AS they say if you are in that market for real you wont think £30,000 extra is much unless youre buyin on credit. 

NSX SLS AMG 911 Turbo. Why would anyone pick NSX out of the 3 lol unless your a die hard JDM fan or just curious for something different....

So on your assumption, why does anyone buy a SLS, 911 etc etc when they can afford a 720s or Huracan for example?

Edited by Jetpilot

1 hour ago, Jetpilot said:

So on your assumption, why does anyone buy a SLS, 911 etc etc when they can afford a 720s or Huracan for example?

symantecs, why does one buy a 370 Nismo when i could have got a TTs or Golf R? My mate got a GTR when he could have got a a car 5 times the price a Ford GT...everyone has their choices..

1 minute ago, GranTurismoEra said:

symantecs, why does one buy a 370 Nismo when i could have got a TTs or Golf R? My mate got a GTR when he could have got a a car 5 times the price a Ford GT...everyone has their choices..

But the gtr the sls etc have some excitement to them, the average Joe looks at a nsx and sees an accord coupe 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, GranTurismoEra said:

everyone has their choices..

Exactly and people are choosing to buy the NSX regardless of its cost, other cars available and any other reason you have tried to question why people are buying them.

19 minutes ago, Jetpilot said:

Exactly and people are choosing to buy the NSX regardless of its cost, other cars available and any other reason you have tried to question why people are buying them.

lol o.....k, which people? lol certainly not around here. Maybe in US where its been shot to pieces by critics. Lets stick to the original topic. Type R....

Not really interested in arguing symantecs about a car ive only ever seen one of in North London. And probably driven by a Honda tech or Honda CEO...beautiful car though. Each to their own.

How about the 100 that were pre ordered and sold in the UK and a waiting list if you want to order one to spec (we've been through that :yawn:), and no they havent been shot to pieces by critics, appreciate the car for what it is, not what you "think" or want to believe. But your are right, lets get back to the Type R unless you want to discuss facts, not opinion.

Type R, unanimously ugly as sin, get one you will love it :)

http://www.evo.co.uk/honda/nsx

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/honda/nsx

Edited by Jetpilot

3 hours ago, Jetpilot said:

Yes, Dan would buy a 911 over all of those - we discussed it on about our 9th beer at Coventry last year! :lol:

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Jetpilot said:

How about the 100 that were pre ordered and sold in the UK and a waiting list if you want to order one to spec (we've been through that :yawn:), and no they havent been shot to pieces by critics, appreciate the car for what it is, not what you "think" or want to believe. But your are right, lets get back to the Type R unless you want to discuss facts, not opinion.

Type R, unanimously ugly as sin, get one you will love it :)

http://www.evo.co.uk/honda/nsx

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/honda/nsx

And..................... . ........Stick to the topic. No need to ride on a comment i made 20 replies ago..LOL....

Im a Honda guy ive had a couple, I would buy the Type R despite it being ugly as you say. Why because Im not concerned with street credibility. Im happy with Nismo until I find a buyer.....Not sure why you are going on for infinity about an NSX that priced in a market people go for other cars with badge.... Stick to the topic or open up an NSX thread if you love it so much. 

This is starting to remind me of those guys on Pistonheads.....roflll.....Kill the NSX talk...its dead.....I say apples you say oranges. I l have an opinion on apples you have a higher opinion on oranges. We know LOL....

• Haha 1

On 28/05/2018 at 08:14, Jetpilot said:

Who would buy it, no idea, i wouldnt,

On 28/05/2018 at 16:59, Jetpilot said:

I wouldnt give you £40-50k for an old one and wouldnt give you £150k for a new one

On 18/06/2018 at 12:46, Jetpilot said:

But a truly to die for car, not something you can say about a Nsx.

Clearly i dont love the NSX (as above), but if you are going to talk utter nonsense in REPLY, i.e its a flop, everyone would buy a 720's, shot to pieces by critics, whos bought them and more etc etc do expect some factual discussion/links :scare:

Dunno how accurate it is but 'how many left' says 53 nsx have been registered since there release circa 2016

Edit make that 155. 

Although 13 are sat in dealers on auto trader with delivery/demo milage, guess these people. Put the deposit down then backed out 

Edited by StevoD

15 hours ago, Jetpilot said:

Clearly i dont love the NSX (as above), but if you are going to talk utter nonsense in REPLY, i.e its a flop, everyone would buy a 720's, shot to pieces by critics, whos bought them and more etc etc do expect some factual discussion/links :scare:

still going???  I can release a pen make limited number and say sold out, exclusive, rare commodity. All marketing jazz lol. Some dealers can order a pen put 5 pages on it and resell as used after 10 miles. ITs an opinion i never stated as fact. lool

if there are  any type R owners in here feel free to add your 2 cents....id like to know more about the car

Edited by GranTurismoEra
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, StevoD said:

Dunno how accurate it is but 'how many left' says 53 nsx have been registered since there release circa 2016

Edit make that 155. 

Although 13 are sat in dealers on auto trader with delivery/demo milage, guess these people. Put the deposit down then backed out 

thanks for the info 77 usa 17 uk, 128,000 being cheapest.....I was gona say something else but best left as I want to stay on topic lol. 

Edited by GranTurismoEra