New owner and I guess member :)

Hi everyone, 

I've been a Zed fan since I was a kid, mostly due to z32 300zx being produced when I was about 10 years old.

Always thought that'd be the one car I'll have once I grow up. It's still my favourite car but maybe for a project down the line.

Anyways, dreaming about 300zx turned to 350z when they came out, and later 370z, but somehow life and marriage always made me go for practical and sensible cars.

This year I decided I'll get one and it took me 5 months to actually buy it. Was looking at used approved, just used, new, ... Nothing really worked. Either not maintained properly, dodgy car sellers, or over budget when going to main dealers.

Last week I found mine, and bought it the same day. It's a 67 plate 370z Nismo with Bose and SatNav (didn't look or wanted SatNav, but didn't care enough to not take the car - I know I can't swap it for other units but who cares, right?) 

So here it is:

IMG_20180519_090714.jpg.2e37715ecb0f3c15f7805b1e65386047.jpg

IMG_20180519_091229.jpg.0bcad03ba20a694ee6312075c098e69e.jpg

IMG_20180519_091244.jpg.61d8dda282df7c2fb6219e8c45449dbf.jpg

IMG_20180520_202056.jpg.56aa09a7613540534988e86206025a9f.jpg

I've only had the car for a week, and coming from a tuned fwd car, I'm still getting to know the Zed. But the car has been everything I expected and more, loud, fun, great to drive, and I keep giggling like a little girl whenever I start driving it.

I got hundreds of questions but I'll spend on the forums search for the next week before I start firing 

Anyways, happy to be here, hope to meet some of you on meets as well.

Oh im from E Midlands.

Cheers!

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, Andy_Muxlow said:

Hi and welcome along buddy. nice looking car :thumbs:

Thanks Andy

35 minutes ago, davey_83 said:

Welkom Maggz

Come and say hi :thumbs:

Added to calendar, I'll confirm closer to the event.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, GranTurismoEra said:

if you want to go louder check out the AAM short tails resonated exhaust. Took me 9 months but worth it! welcome!

Coming from a turbo 4banger the stock nismo is already loud for me, but I guess it's the same with bhp...you get used to it quickly and need more of it :teeth:

Definitely remembering the recommendation for when the time comes. Thanks :thumbs:

2 hours ago, Maggz said:

Coming from a turbo 4banger the stock nismo is already loud for me, but I guess it's the same with bhp...you get used to it quickly and need more of it :teeth:

Definitely remembering the recommendation for when the time comes. Thanks :thumbs:

I've had farts louder than the stock Nismo exhaust :lol:

You must have the fake noise generator.

Edited by 5tu
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, 5tu said:

I've had farts louder than the stock Nismo exhaust :lol:

You must have the fake noise generator.

Maybe, on both counts :teeth:

But I've heard it from the outside as well and compared to stock exhaust on a 2L T it's loads better. Definitely not compared to any aftermarket exhaust on the VQ engines 

4 hours ago, Maggz said:

some 4 pots are louder than stock Nismo, maybe its just me,

Welcome :)  Your Zed we be so addictive had mine 5 months and spend all my time driving and cleaning it and putting fuel in lol Just sitting in it with engine off is enough to make me happy. Enjoy your new car and :yahoo: another white one .

20180512_051042.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Junkyardbear said:

Welcome :)  Your Zed we be so addictive had mine 5 months and spend all my time driving and cleaning it and putting fuel in lol Just sitting in it with engine off is enough to make me happy. Enjoy your new car and :yahoo: another white one .

20180512_051042.jpg

11 minutes ago, keyas23 said:

Hi and Welcome :welcome:. Beautiful car Buddy , well done !

Cheers guys.

• 3 weeks later...
On 24/05/2018 at 11:37, davey_83 said:

Welkom Maggz

Come and say hi :thumbs:

I'll definitely come with my missus Davey. We're not really morning folks but we'll try to be there as soon as we can :teeth:

• Thanks 1