Berk HFC life span

Hayd350

Any one any idea how long a set of Berk HFC's should last? I've lost track of when i purchased them, they were part of a group buy back in the day from either Alex or Chris. I've some extra throatyness coming from up front, recently had it in for a blown gasket so the issue could be another gasket but I've had the HFC a while now so figured they'd be tiring, it must be like 6 years. Sailed through MOT last month by the way so no increased emissions.

Had mine about 6 years now, I had them fitted professionally so no idea on the gasket quality but at the same time I had a gemini exhaust fitted and last year I had to swap out the rear most gaskets as they were blowing. All fine now tho :)

1 minute ago, MDMetal said:

Had mine about 6 years now, I had them fitted professionally so no idea on the gasket quality but at the same time I had a gemini exhaust fitted and last year I had to swap out the rear most gaskets as they were blowing. All fine now tho :)

Funnily enough it was my near side rear gasket that had blown last time. Maybe the other side has reached the end of it's life now too.

Just sounds different but maybe in a week or two it'll be a bit more clear and hopefully a simple cheap fix.

if you pop it up on a ramp or some planks and just let the engine idle you can feet the leaks blowing :) I hadn't noticed the sound change on mine until I'd fitted the new gaskets and it was a fair step down in noise.