want to view a few 370z's - thoughts on these?

gijopa

hi folks, 

been looking at the 370z mark 2 nismo's, there's a few available. 

This one is 23k:

https://usedcars.nissan.co.uk/en/vehicles/nissan/370z/37-nismo-2-door-coupe-mqbm2t5

This one's at 25k (and a lot nearer to me in birmingham, i was going to use the one above to negotiate the price down)

https://usedcars.nissan.co.uk/en/vehicles/nissan/370z/37-nismo-2-door-coupe-t7bm3sa

OR....

this one at 28.5k

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201804255894906?sort=price-asc&advertising-location=at_cars&postcode=de119ea&model=370 Z&make=NISSAN&aggregatedTrim=Nismo&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New&year-from=2017&radius=1500&page=1

I've no idea which one to consider. I can afford either of them - i'm more concerned about depreciation hit, as its a car i only want to keep for maybe 2 years before buying a dream used M2 or M4. I'd do maybe 10k miles each year, so 20k miles in total. 

I know the cars registered pre 67 are £400 more in tax, so over 2 years, £800 more. 

Effectively takes the 28.5k car to 27.7k. 

That's still almost 5k more than the 1st one......

3rd one obviously is a lot newer and has that warranty - i'm wondering when it comes to selling in 2 years time, whether it'll be worth paying the 5k extra to get more of that money back in 2 years?

what do you guys think?

I take it you want a black one??

There is a silver one, Polesworth Garage, at £25K with only 5K miles which is only 1 month older than the £25K one you are looking at with 25K miles on the clock.

Depreciation wise this may be a better choice.

9 hours ago, Ponsonby said:

I take it you want a black one??

There is a silver one, Polesworth Garage, at £25K with only 5K miles which is only 1 month older than the £25K one you are looking at with 25K miles on the clock.

Depreciation wise this may be a better choice.

i'm only after black yeh, but i could use that as a bargaining chip...where is that, i can't see it on autotrader or nissan approved used? unless i'm being blind...

Aah find out - was looking at cars 2016 onwards...

the issue there is...i'd have to add on 2 years of nissan warranty at £750 each + £2 years of extra tax for the pre 67 plate cars, at £400 each, so in reality for me that car is actually 27.3k. 

without any haggling of course. 

Edited by gijopa

LOL stick with ex demo like I did. I got mine at 3k miles service done already. for £26,000 Judging by these prices i can drive till 15,000 and still get my money back lool. Wait and see then get one with sub 5k miles for £25,000. Dont rush and buy a higher mileage one, I also got the standard 2 years servicing and 3 year warranty and breakdown.

GT model depreciate faster, But you can probably get a nice one around the £21,000 mark with low miles.....

I got white. Hides all the marks and hairline scratches better. The shape looks better and cleaner.  Black all it takes is for someone to rub against it or hit it with a handbag and youll see scratches....

10 hours ago, GranTurismoEra said:

LOL stick with ex demo like I did. I got mine at 3k miles service done already. for £26,000 Judging by these prices i can drive till 15,000 and still get my money back lool. Wait and see then get one with sub 5k miles for £25,000. Dont rush and buy a higher mileage one, I also got the standard 2 years servicing and 3 year warranty and breakdown.

GT model depreciate faster, But you can probably get a nice one around the £21,000 mark with low miles.....

I got white. Hides all the marks and hairline scratches better. The shape looks better and cleaner.  Black all it takes is for someone to rub against it or hit it with a handbag and youll see scratches....

Agree with you re white ; The nismo seems to have been designed to be in white whilst the GT car looks best in black - reasons specifics being imo the extra vents in the front/rear bumpers are less apparent in Black whilst the gaps literally stand out in white and silver. Also the tinted front lights look better on a non-black car. If I had got a GT then I would have gone for black though

• 2 weeks later...

Pearl white does look good on a Z but has its downsides. It is an absolute nightmare to colour match if you get a scratch due to the three stage finish.  I had so many hassles getting a minor bumper scratch properly matched on my previous Nismo I ended up having to get the whole bumper redone. 

• Like 1

On ‎22‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 06:48, sipar69 said:

Pearl white does look good on a Z but has its downsides. It is an absolute nightmare to colour match if you get a scratch due to the three stage finish.  I had so many hassles getting a minor bumper scratch properly matched on my previous Nismo I ended up having to get the whole bumper redone. 

Was it on the corners of the bumpers you managed to scuff? or head on . The Mk2 at the rear corners are q wide compared to most others cars that have a cleaner / less muscular look