Approaching 150k Mile mark soon

bezza1121

General question really. Had my zed for a few years now. Apart from the annoying exhaust drone at higher speeds it's a great car infact the best I've owned and has given me very little problems and get good economy for what it is and is good fun to drive. 

Recently I Replaced the banana arms as last mot failed on them , it's first failure which isn't bad for a 13 year old car. Since owning it I have frequently made sure everything is routinely up to scratch, changed all fluids usually before they need doing and the great thing is am burning no oil between changes and all fluids are good with no leaks, gears etc work all fine since owning it from 60k have never ever driven it hard from cold and always used good fluids. 

Have been conscious recently regarding the mileage though. Is there anything common which tends to go at around 150,000 miles to watch out for?

I plan on keeping the car still a good few years and rely on it everyday for work, I average almost 100 miles most days rarely seeing traffic. Everything underneath looks fine, got under-seal done recently too before any rust kicks in. Maybe I'm being paranoid but just want to make sure I wont be missing any tricks down the road, anyone have similar experiences?

• 2 weeks later...

just keep on servicing her, 160K miles here and still going strong. got her upreved at 150K and she'd only lost 8 ponies from the factory, then they managed to cram 13 more ponies in :) 

if you have the HR be sure to check oil pressures as at some point the oil gallery gasket will fail

130K here (owned from new ) and like you, a daily runner and planning to own it for a good few years yet.

Starting to succumb to rust a bit at the rear - but I just make sure it's serviced on schedule and check the oil every 1k miles.

I think you're doing alright there, mate! Have an 03 with 101k on the clock (for 4.5 years.. 10k a year). Have done the bananas and the exhaust. There's been talk of underside rust and a bit of gearbox shenanighans.. MOT due in July so we'll see what we shall see.. ;-) How's your clutch btw?

Edited by DonCool

136k on my 03. 

Timing chain rattle started at about 115k and needed doing (it was stretched and under no tension by time it was replaced). 

One cat needs replacing, my fault for running it with slack chain i think.  

Rusty Rear anti roll bar and leaking Steering rack advisory in last MOT.  The next jobs....

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

133k here on a 54 plate.

Not one drop of fluid leak from the engine

Has been in the garage for 3 weeks though due to an engine overheating issue. Planning to replace temp sensor and thermostat and then pray it aint more serious

• 4 months later...

Didn't even realise there were any responses to this post. It's been a while since I've been on here I must admit. Yeah can spend almost £100 some weeks on fuel but generally I drive quite relaxed so I get around 32 - 35mpg on average. It has had its first couple of niggles recently a good few weeks back, first one being clutch starting to slip only noticeable if pushing over 4,000 rpm doing the occasional overtake gear selection perfect though so not end of the world, yeah plan on getting a few more years out of it yet been my favourite car too own so far.

So on the downside started it one morning recently and the idle was quite bad, so immediately turned it off, then turned it on again just too see what would happen , anyways it was fine for weeks after then one day after work I pulled over not long after setting off to activate the bluetooth on my phone to the radio, went to pull off and it started going lumpy almost like a misfire. Pulled her over turned her off then on again and all was absolutely fine.. Then days later out of nowhere it felt really sluggish but not rough running and an eml came on, so plugged laptop into it using Nissan Datascan and it threw up 2 codes for the O2 Sensors after the cats on both bank 1 and 2 reporting sensors could not get to required voltage... so have reset the EML light to see if the codes re-occuur and it seems to be running ok at the moment. Will be doing some further diagnostics next weekend by checking the resistance on the sensors, coils etc and looking further at info displayed by data scan. I'm wondering if this is something someone else has come across.

Levels checked regularly and all fluids kept changed on time. I always do oil earlier than needed, no leaks at all.