370Z Roadster Newbie

Hello all.

Been tinkering with the idea of a 370Z Roadster as a second car to my Infiniti FX30d, which I love, and after looking at a couple of Boxeter's I found a low mileage Z GT Nav that ticked all the boxes and collected it yesterday.  

A 4 hour drive home on the hottest day of the year was just perfect for collecting a Roadster but boy does it need a new zaust.  Now I know I'm not the first to recognise this but even I am shocked at how lame it is, so 24 hours later and I'm already looking at axle back replacements like the Top Speed but I want something that sounds sexy over something that will raise the dead.

Already spent quite a bit of time on here, so I look forward to actually contributing now I've got me a new whip. 

Thanks guys for the very warm welcome and apologies for the lack of photos but I'll be detailing at the weekend, so I'll add some pics then.

Pleased to see I'm not the only Roadster owner on here plus that's a lovely colour Wheels 370z.  Mine is in a light grey (don't know the official name) and funnily enough it's almost a match for my Infiniti.  Been a busy and expensive week so far:

Interior lights x 3 swapped to LED with boot next.

Gracenote database fully updated (spent three weeks after purchasing my Infiniti looking for an original copy of the Nissan software and it still works on the Gracenote website, despite Nissan having dropped it a few years back.

Nav/Audio/Bluetooth firmware updated.

Top Speed Axle Back ordered.

2 x Kumho ecsta Le Sport rear tyres being delivered tomorrow.

Nissan rear parking sensor kit delivered.

2 x Z badges ordered to replace the front/rear Nissan badges.

4 x Silver T20 indicator bulbs.

2 x LED T20 reverse bulbs.

2 x Lunex D2S 6000k bulbs, which I've used with great results several times before, ordered to replace the 8 yo yellow factory items.

And I vowed prior to collection that I wasn't going to spend anything beyond maintenance on this one but you know how it is....

Edited by ZeeZee370

I need to look into ceramic coatings myself as my brother always has his new cars delivered direct to his detailer for ceramic coating but I rarely keep my cars long enough to justify the additional cost.

Top speed axle back went on yesterday, sounds great but protrudes far too much, so I'll have to get that sorted asap as it looks so bad I can't bring myself to look at the back of the car. :blush:

Some pics as promised earlier in the week:

370Z 1.jpeg

370Z 2.jpeg

370Z 3.jpeg

Edited by ZeeZee370
  • Like 1

love the soft tops, I think they are very styley , had a 350z soft top, loved it in the summer but it did not like Scottish winters, let me know your mods as I AM ALWAYS LOOKING TO DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT!

cheers and good luck with your new toy  :thumbs:

On 10/05/2018 at 20:23, ZeeZee370 said:

And I vowed prior to collection that I wasn't going to spend anything beyond maintenance on this one but you know how it is....

First of all, welcome to the forum Good answer, well presented. 370z life.

Secondly - that’s what we all say :lol:. Zedtitis takes hold pretty quickly!

Thanks again for the warm welcome - I'm so happy with the Z as it just ticks so many boxes and comes with a great standard specification compared to the Boxeter's I looked at.  Particularly liking the ventilated seats, which feel colder than in my Infiniti and I'm sure I will appreciate the heated seats on those late summer evening blasts.

I just discovered today and by accident that holding in the keyless button below the external door handle lowers the roof, which is just amazing if you're tall.  You have to manually release the Boxster roof from inside before hitting the roof button, which is so 1960.....

53 minutes ago, Davectr said:

Get yourself a Smarttop controller from mods4cars and operate the roof remotely, much better and easier :thumbs:

http://www.mods4cars.com/sms/shop/index.php?p=b3JnYT1zbWFydHRvcCZncm91cD0yJmxhbmc9MiZjdXJyPTI=&action=products&cat=209&mode=view&id=108

It's already on my list of possible but not necessary mods, especially now I have discovered I can lower the roof externally.

Can't believe I enquired about the SmartTop for the Boxster, not realising at the time that the roof isn't fully electric but it does explain the lack of a reply.  Doh :wacko: