is this the clutch slave?

Mikeyazure

so I'm driving along and go to change up, there seems to be a bit of slack/play/gap  in the clutch pedal before it operates...

when the car is stood still i can push the clutch pedal about an inch or two before it seems to operate.......

im thinking this may be the slave cylinder/fluid needs changing/hose near the cat problem?

any ideas peeps....

cheers

mike

When my slave started to fail I got what you describe, and it was worse when the fluid got hot.  As the problem progressed the pedal would also stop returning. The early models thankfully have and external slave, so a new slave, braided hose and flush later in all good again. 

I bought a Stoptech one from a trader on here last year, which I'm still yet to fit. I went down the flushing the fluid through to remove any air as I was convinced there was some still in the system from when it was replaced. I then wrapped the braided hose line in exhaust wrap & the pedal feel is much better even when hot.

Yeah i'll do the stoptech slave, fluid and braided line, just I have a long drive up to Newcastle on Thursday and have no way of getting it done before.

Once back i'll get it done, just hoping it doesn't pack in on route.... Fingers crossed it is cold and wet, seems fine when its not hot ambient temps too.