Can I easily replace my door?

HTZed

Hi guys,

Wondering how easy it is to replace my passenger door, I got a chip and some dings that I'd like to sort out, and the cheapest way seems to be getting a second hand door. Anyone have experience in this? Will I have any trouble with the locks or anything?

Cheers! :thumbs:

Should be fairly easy if you hare hand with tools. I think the most difficult bit will be replacing the lock as you'll need to remove door card etc etc. Info here --> https://my350z.com/forum/exterior-and-interior/533465-how-do-you-remove-the-door-panel.html (ignore the window motor section).

Good luck with the door hunt, as Stu mentioned above, you'll need to find matching door else it will look like a sore thumb.

Very easy to fit a door and swop over the internals, however, the colour match may be your biggest issue

Unless your existing door is in bad shape it would be cheaper just repairing and painting your existing door.

Your painter will be able to flash into the front wing and rear quarter to get the colour to blend in.

Great point. I didn't think of the paint ageing. My other alternative is to get a respray, I've found one in the colour I need (black) but yeah, you might be right about the colour (and it's a long way to drive for it to be wrong!)

Hmm... :shutup:

I found a (what looked like) kuro black left door on ebay for £100, the local spraying garage wants £300 for the door and connecting panels blend, I have no idea how much it'll be to repair the dings though, hopefully not much.. I'd much rather pay less but now I'm super paranoid about the colour! Thanks for the replies all, appreciate it