BIG DISCOUNT

ATTAK Z

21 hours ago, ATTAK Z said:

on brakes this weekend at Euro Car Parts ... just got mine for half price :)

Hey, I am actually in the market for some new pads. After looking at the site, I can see that they do Pagid pads for Brembo application. Do you have any prior experience with Pagid pads? Are they good quality?

Cheers! :thumbs:

Depends on exactly what pads they are. Your question is a bit like saying "Are Fords any good?" when that range includes the Ka and the GT ;)

Pagid do some very dull plain OEM stuff, and some excellent track pads. If it's ECP then they're probably just plain ol' regular ones, by which I mean they're solid quality but don't expect any performance benefits.

7 minutes ago, Ekona said:

Depends on exactly what pads they are. Your question is a bit like saying "Are Fords any good?" when that range includes the Ka and the GT ;)

Pagid do some very dull plain OEM stuff, and some excellent track pads. If it's ECP then they're probably just plain ol' regular ones, by which I mean they're solid quality but don't expect any performance benefits.

Thanks Dan. I'm guessing they will be just plain ol' regular ones as you say... but by that do you mean OEM standard? Reason being is that I am getting to the end of my OEM brake discs with the Brembo calipers. I just need something OEM quality really :)

Well, OEM generally means that they'll be aimed at being warranty-proof but without being spectactular, so better than some random Chinese guff sold for buttons but not as good as the top stuff we'd put on if trying to improve the car. In short, they'll do you just fine :)

Pagid make the factory brakes for most new cars, they then go to the assembly line and dealer print their logo on the back, the head of pagid uk did a seminar with the UK imi guy at work for us last week. There is misunderstanding around this with brembo on the internet as some people think pagid are the same thing as brembo (they're not). Brembo use the backing plate and add their own compound. 

Out of interest I looked for ST205 stuff and saw Pagids also for them priced up around £40. Equivalent yellow stuff EBC pads from most dealers would be around £90 to give some perspective on what the Pagids are going to be like. 

I wonder the same col about the zed.  Traditionally blue print made factory stuff, pagid I think is quite recent. However with customers cars we fit pagid as we only ever have to do it once, never any issues. But we mostly work on the average punters cars. I guess you'd need to see a description of the compound content, or find someone with 1st hand experience...Or give it a punt yourself and feed back I guess.

I bought some EBC red stuff recently in a sale from brake depot and when i took the pads off that were on the car when I bought it they were pagids. Have to say the reds were head and shoulders above the pagids which were down to about 40% left when I took them off.

In all honesty i don't know much... abbot things in general really.:lol:

But I guess red stuff are a high performance pad with better ability to bite and handle heat. Pagid are what a manufacturer would fit balancing performance/wear/dust/noise/cost. A bit like rubber bushes. We all know poly is better but it has trade offs that a manufacturer can't compromise on; noise comfort and cost. I think green stuff are oem, yellow fast road and track day and red high perf. Were the reds dustier or noisier or as long lasting?

I went for red because a. they were on deal (like less than half price along with discs, £325 for all corners discs and pads!) and b. yes really low dust levels. 

But really it was to make the point, that on ECP I suspect the pagids are just OEM replacements and not the top end ones they do...

• 3 weeks later...