My dream come true

Hello guys, new to the forum, have been on the Facebook page for a year and then found out about the forum a few months back, out of all the forums I've been on in the past I have to say this has been the best one by far!

So it all started when I was a young boy, in 2003 when 2 Fast 2 Furious came out. Like so many of my generations petrol heads, The Fast and the Furious was where it all started in terms of that spark of passion for cars. I was a bit too young to catch on when the first film came out but by the second one that would be the beginning of a life long interest! Then in 2006 that was when something would happen that would stick with me forever...Tokyo Drift, yes thats right a FILM. When I first saw Tokyo Drift I was blown away, despite our favourite and one of the most influential people Paul Walker not being in this film it still blew me away. Out of everything that was featured in the film DK's 350z stood out to me. From that day on I fell in love with the 350z and my dream was created..

15253393_10154979140023643_3663329117679396013_n.jpg.bb164acf4f6885ba1a3b534bbe44c033.jpg

350rear-1513348241.jpeg.1e20ae0923b767650a57f52f2c32b875.jpeg

Fast forward 3 years to 2009 and my mum had decided to buy a two seater sports car, she was deciding between a Mazda MX-5 and a MG TF. So I then suggested she looked at 350z's and I managed to persuade her that it was a much better option and before we knew it she was a proud owner of a 2004 Red Nissan 350Z GT.

16711952_10155251255183643_3364285496765828764_n.jpg.4b138967962a0651392076ed7ca47b83.jpg

It was like my dream had come true in so many ways, I treated the car like it was my own, even taking it down the road once when my parents had gone away haha! :teeth:

3 years later 2011 I had just passed my driving license and my mum had decided to sell her beloved car. She loved having it but getting in and out of it was becoming a bit of a strain so wanted something more practical. It was a sad day to see it go as I loved taking care of it and on the odd weekend my dad would take me out in it for a good run out. Never the less now I could drive I set myself a goal to own a 350z by the time I was 25. I had no clue how I was going to do it, I didn't even have a full time job or know what I wanted to do career wise!

Fast Forward 7 years and here we are today. I'm a full time detailer working for myself and my mums 350z was the start of that! The first time I washed a car was all that time ago when that red 350z turned up on our driveway. Looking back that is crazy to think.

5ae234ec3b34e_IMG_823211.jpg.4dbaecbba5b4e41d5eb7ea63354e322b.jpg

So the hunt started for my own 350z, I knew what spec I wanted and what mileage but good ones are hard to come by as they are an old car! I had gone to see a few at dealerships and had two terrible experiences, where the salesman was so rude to me and so judgemental as I was young. Even though I had told him that I was a cash ready buyer! Anyway decided it was best to buy private as you can meet the owner and get a vibe on if they had looked after the car. I had viewed a couple of gunmetal greys but one was too high milage and the other was good but I decided to wait for the colour I had my heart set on.

Then a low milage 2004 Sunset Orange with Nismo LMGT4 wheels 350z GT came up on Auto Trader...I had to go and see it! I pulled up and my heart nearly jumped out of my chest with excitement. IT. WAS. BEAUTIFUL. Had a thorough check through the paper work, did all the visual checks I could and then took it for a test drive and I was sold! Put a deposit down without hesitation, came back a couple days later and collected! I couldn't believe that I had found my perfect spec PLUS THE NISMO LMGT4 WHEELS! What a bonus, it also had K4 Japspeed exhaust system, hi flow cats, cold air intake and Motordyne strut brace, all mods I was going to do myself anyway.

29542261_10156500514923643_3607221484550263119_n.jpg.48748c613f4169b0f8f1d9f53ef49a83.jpg

My first fill up on the way home from collection!

• Like 5

Given my zed a good detail at home, full wash decontamination, de tar, clay bar, glaze with DA, sealant applied. Also gave the interior some good tlc, leather deeply clean and treated, interior surfaces cleaned, all carpets vacuumed and wet vax'ed. So much better already, can't wait to book a slot out at the unit for multi-stage correction and ceramic coatings!

IMG_9460.jpg.544d894ba4c02ba7fffe8a5284db5ae7.jpg

IMG_9459.jpg.edc422e525834921d83d8a7db2f9697d.jpg

IMG_9476.jpg.6421d2f65894fe2057ea49dc674dcd52.jpg

Wheels have been booked in for a refurb, P3 service and spark plug change with Abbey Motorsports and have got a new OEM gear knob on the way too!

After that I will do a full headlight restoration, exhaust system restoration and engine bay clean up!   

2 minutes ago, ZMANALEX said:

I have just completed a stage one correction, and gtechniq ceramic CSL black detail, and Xpel paint protection on the front bumper and bonnet on my car.

Well worth the effort.

Keep up the good work.

Great stuff! Can't wait to do mine! Would love to do the PPF on the front bumper but thats not something we do yet :dry:

Car looks stunning! I notice you've got the Bi-Xenon headlights on an 04 too, very nice, something I want to try and get for mine at some point. Need to get those rears swapped out for the later model LED versions to match now :teeth:

9 hours ago, SHEZZA said:

Great looking zed Lewis and my favourite wheels too ! :yahoo: 

have you realised you have the facelift headlights aswell !:thumbs:

It’s funny you say that I only realised after reading through your ‘Zed time story’ yesterday evening! 

25 minutes ago, longsh07 said:

Car looks stunning! I notice you've got the Bi-Xenon headlights on an 04 too, very nice, something I want to try and get for mine at some point. Need to get those rears swapped out for the later model LED versions to match now :teeth:

Yes what a bonus! Yes definitely will be switching the rears at some point :)

By the way, got any recommendations for decent polishes and waxes? ;)

Been using the Meguiar's polish and Carnauba wax for a while which has given me decent results.

24002616163_70fd0afd25.jpg

I also have some Dodo Juice Banana Armour which I tried out last wash but really not a fan. I think it gave worse results than the Meg's stuff and was a pain in the arse to use.

Edited by longsh07

The scholl polishes come highly recommended, as for wax, i sell the carchem connisseur wax and bilt hamber double speed wax, both excellent products. I also sell and have used the carchem ptfe polishing glaze which gives great results :thumbs:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Welcome along and congratulations. Really enjoyed your intro story. I purchased some of the new Autoglym HD Ultra wax last weekend and its the best I have ever used (I have tried plenty). Dunks on here purchased some too and has the same opinion.

Edited by Payco
  • Like 1

Well that was an enjoyable read, welcome to the forum mate :)

Good to see someone so excited to take ownership, and rightly so, the 350z is an awesome car as I'm sure we'll all agree :teeth:

Plus it's always nice to see someone working hard to earn something they've always wanted :thumbs:

• Thanks 1