Desperate need of a drivers side brembo caliper

Jake.Lowther

12 minutes ago, longsh07 said:

How'd it go? Get through in the end?

Lol no failed on emissions it had a massive oil leak on the way and it pi**ed all over the headers. It also cut out twice while on the motorway and then again on the MOT ramp took 10 hours to find the electrical fault we're 95% certain we've fixed it but until it goes for a long run theres no telling it ran for over 2 hours after and didn't stall so i presume its fine. New plugs are being installed now. After it was running again we got it  on the ramp and Carbon dioxide wouldn't go in the green. Everything else was.

It's got a test later with a friendly tester who I'm sure will get it to pass the emissions test ;) it was only off by 0.3 on carbon dioxide 

Ah, man really? After all that. 

Didn't catch fire did it? Had that happen in my 106 GTi when the oil pressure sensor blew out and squirted oil on the manifold. Not an experience I want to repeat, thank god for the extinguisher I had installed.

1 hour ago, longsh07 said:

Ah, man really? After all that. 

Didn't catch fire did it? Had that happen in my 106 GTi when the oil pressure sensor blew out and squirted oil on the manifold. Not an experience I want to repeat, thank god for the extinguisher I had installed.

Yeah man was the final blow to the balls, but as i say they've changed the plugs its going to a friend of a friend at 3 today and should pass as long as the rest of the car is sound. Luckily it didn't catch fire just smoked like a bitch in the cabin. I also had a fire extinguisher with me on the passenger seat ready :lol:

Edited by Jake.Lowther
  • Like 1