Difference of Key (P1615) help

Treybleed

Anyone had any experience solving this? its getting annoying now.

I've had this issue for about a year now (appears every now and then (maybe once or twice a month), only when i start the car.. once started no further issues so ignored it) but yesterday the car was going into limp mode which was weird and today driving today the engine went into limp then cut out completely, it took disconnecting the battery for an hour for the car to start (during this period the code reader was not powering up). Once it started i used the code reader again and im getting the good old DIfference of Key p1615 code. 

I had a second key cut and programmed about a year ago and this has happened on and off since then. This is the first time its cut out while driving though, normally it just stops the fuel pump from priming and after about 20-30 seconds it works.

Is it possible the dealership screwed up the key programming? or have i fried my ECU/BCM?

Any information would be amazing

note: I have pulled and checked every fuse, they are all good.

From Autocodes:

This code is usually triggered when a not registered or damaged key is used to start the engine. When the starting operation is carried out five or more times consecutively with the same unregistered key, the system will lock. If the problem occurs try disconnecting the car battery for about 30 minutes and then try starting the engine with a known registered key. If the problem persists you have to have the dealer erase the code and reprogram the keys again.