Advice On A 370Z On Auto Trader - anyone know it?

Tommo79

Hi guys, it's been a while since I've been on here, I used to have a 350Z, then had a highly modded turbo charged Civic Type-R which I've just sold, so I've decided I really want to get back in the Z club again.

I'm after a 370Z, as I've always wanted to have one since they came out. I don't have a massive budget unfortunately, so I've seen this one which isn't too far away from me:

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201802213941975?sort=distance&make=NISSAN&transmission=Manual&advertising-location=at_cars&price-to=15000&radius=1500&model=370 Z&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New&postcode=ch65pa&page=1

I've spoken to the dealer today and they have told me it has been serviced 5 times, so it doesn't have a full service history, it's been serviced as follows:

11,427 miles (2012)

23,343 miles (2013)

40,484 miles (2015)

48,504 miles (2016)

59,085 miles (2017)

79,200 miles (2018 - the dealer will be doing this service before it's sold)

As far as I can see it's missed two services, one in 2014 and an extra one in 2017 based on the high mileage done in the last 12 months.

I'm going there to have a test drive of it in the next day or so.

Does anyone recognise this Car? Or know anything about it?

What are peoples thoughts on the price based on service history etc?

Thanks in advance for any help,

Chris.

the car seems a bit grubby, get them to valet inside and outside of the car and jet

wash the engine as well. It seems a good price, check it out on a test drive, see how the car drives and brakes, clutches usually go about 80000 miles, then ask them to put it up on a ramp to check underneath for any rusty parts like w brace, exhaust etc.  :thumbs:

39 minutes ago, nissanjuke said:

the car seems a bit grubby, get them to valet inside and outside of the car and jet

wash the engine as well. It seems a good price, check it out on a test drive, see how the car drives and brakes, clutches usually go about 80000 miles, then ask them to put it up on a ramp to check underneath for any rusty parts like w brace, exhaust etc.  :thumbs:

OK, will do, thanks for your help. The other issue is they only have the service book, and no invoices etc for work carried out. Will see how the test drive goes then, and look out for the things you've mentioned.

When I bought my 350Z luckily that had had the the clutch replaced, think that was on about 65,000 miles when it went and I bought it just after at 67,000 miles. Will have a look underneath like you say. They said couple of the wheels need a refurb, and the front bumper has quite a few stone chips, so I'd have to get that resprayed I think.

The good thing about the dealer is they are a trading partner of Haliwell Jones BMW in Southport and are based next to them, so they seem to have good back up and reviews.

9 hours ago, nissanman312 said:

I'm sure one in much much better condition just sold on here for 13ish I know your budgets tight but if you could just stretch a little there some much nicer cars about for a extra couple k 

Good luck tho let us know what it's like 

OK Bud. Will bear that in mind. Only thing is I'm having to use finanace for half the payment. So probably be a no go for me with a private buyer. Also, just to mention, I ideally wanted a white or a black one. Not quite as keen on silver or blue. Thanks. 

Edited by Tommo79

On 20/04/2018 at 08:25, Tommo79 said:

OK Bud. Will bear that in mind. Only thing is I'm having to use finanace for half the payment. So probably be a no go for me with a private buyer. Also, just to mention, I ideally wanted a white or a black one. Not quite as keen on silver or blue. Thanks. 

With loan rates at around 3%, you don't need car finance and opens up a whole other market of privately sold cars.

That poor Zed looks like its never had any love. Dirty, grubby dusty, stone chipped to death, look elsewhere IMO. 

On another note, full service history doesn't mean a correctly followed schedule, so that car may have a FSH, it's just been under serviced. 

• Like 1