Parking Protection From Dings Inside Car Parks

hmale4yu

A company car gets me through... so this is my beater, the Astra. We also have an old qashqai for kids and dogs.

20171118_172334.jpg

It also means when my neighbour parks like a tool I don't worry about fitting. It goes quite well for a Vauxhall and the navpack is great...it did downs 2 weeks getting it's entire clutch system from master to plate in Feb though. 

Edited by Jay84

• 2 weeks later...

Amazon door protector on Amazon.

Doesnt work if as previous poster said is aluminium or youre parked next to an SUV. The door has to line up with your door. 

My tips, Avoid going to retail parks at peak  times like midday on a weekend. I pick up my packages etc at like 5:30 just before they close. I shop at tesco and go to the 24 hour one at like 12 midnight when only supercars turn up and park in the middle or far away.

If i have to go to a rough area i Uber it there or take public transport get someone else driving for once. No Biggie. 

Lastly I always try and park at the end in the last space and leave the car a bit forward so i can access my door even if someone parks tightly......

Apart from that nothing you can do really. Accept what can happen or get a runaround, plastidip it and use, who cares what happens after lol.

This thread brings back bas memories.

One late evening I'm in a queue at Tesco discussing this very topic on the phone with a friend.

I said he should hire a midget who stays in the boot.

When he parks up, said midget jumps out with a stool and sits outside gaurding the car.

You return, give him a tip, he gets his stool and jumps back in the boot.

We were laughing away.

Then I hang up

Turn around.

There in the flesh.

A REAL LIFE MIDGET BEHIND ME IN THE QUEUE LOOKING WELL P!$$ED !

Spent the next month looking over (and below) my shoulder for a midget seeking revenge :scare: