Parking Protection From Dings Inside Car Parks

hmale4yu

As a new owner of a 370z Nismo I am q nervous about parking my new car inside car parks

Have been exploring diff means to protect the car . I know there is only so much you can do and I do my best to park away from crap cars, large family type wagons/SUVs etc . However I am looking at advice on some protection whilst the car is parked

You may have heard of Door Shox which is a rubberised protection piece that adheres to the car using a magnet . However since the Z uses aluminium doors this will not work. I have tried creating some form of protection using bubble wrap & suction mounts onto the windows ; however the end result looks messy and a chore to set up

Then I came across this : As ridiculous as it looks I am thinking that if the robe was somehow plastic coated as to prevent scratches this might actually. 

Your thoughts/tips on how to make something like this 

No-Door-dings.jpg

Edited by hmale4yu

I just think it need to go all the way along the side from front to back then you`re onto a winner. Or, just don`t park in car parks, cos no matter how empty or how far away you park from everyone else some numpty will always want to park next to you, just a couple of inches away...!!

• Like 1

Also anything, and I do mean anything, touching the dirty paint will cause scratches anyway so whilst you may not get dings you’re actually guaranteeing damage to the paint by attaching anything to it.

you need a serious of immovable,but portable, bollards to keep other people away from your car... or just accept it’s going to happen from time to time.

Ropes would scratch. Noodle would scratch. And if that was parked in 50% of locations in my area, car would be purposefully abused for standing out as being overly precious.

Personally I just got an old car for parking in tight spots.

I was going to say - if anything that would attract a lot of unwanted attention. Not only do you have a GT car that looks a bit different to most cars but you throw something odd looking on it, you will have kids crowding around it and pulling at it at the first opportunity.

If this is your only car, you have to accept that parking in supermarket car parks is going to be a bit perilous - if I were you I would look into online shopping if its such an issue!

I say this as a self confessed former obsessive about parking to minimise the risk of dings - I think I'd rather risk a scratch than be seen attaching something as daft as that to my car. And I definitely agree with others about attracting unwantwd attention.

Dare I say that even I think you're worrying too much. Drive it, park sensibly and remind yourself there are more important things in life.

15 hours ago, hmale4yu said:

As a new owner of a 370z Nismo I am q nervous about parking my new car inside car parks

Have been exploring diff means to protect the car . I know there is only so much you can do and I do my best to park away from crap cars, large family type wagons/SUVs etc . However I am looking at advice on some protection whilst the car is parked

You may have heard of Door Shox which is a rubberised protection piece that adheres to the car using a magnet . However since the Z uses aluminium doors this will not work. I have tried creating some form of protection using bubble wrap & suction mounts onto the windows ; however the end result looks messy and a chore to set up

Then I came across this : As ridiculous as it looks I am thinking that if the robe was somehow plastic coated as to prevent scratches this might actually. 

Your thoughts/tips on how to make something like this 

No-Door-dings.jpg

You're going to fit in just nicely

• Like 2

Is safe always safe?

Our local supermarket has some parking spots on a corner a long way from the store. Being around a corner they are extra wide and often used by those of us whose cars are 'precious'.

But recently the area has been coned off because some sinkhole or similar has appeared under that end of the car park.

Can just imagine walking out of the store feeling smug because your car was safe - only to find that it has vanished down a big hole :lol:

Unfortunately the OP's suggested car protection device is not sinkhole safe so a redesign is required. 

Like others I am a little paranoid about car parks. Was sat in my car in a supermarket car park and in the distance a lady rolled up to a car with a large heavy box in her trolley. I was amazed to see her lift out the box and plonk it on the car bonnet. She then proceeded to open the boot of the car next to it (her car), slide the box across the bonnet (not her car), put it in her boot and then drive off.

• Sad 1

Bingo, if one is that particular maybe it warrants a beater........

One evening leaving work my 92' Sunny suffered a rear end bump that would have been the Zed, paid for itself in stress alone in the first 12 months haha plus the little 155 section 13's in the snow we had was champion.

I bought the missus an old 53 plate Megane. She has had it three years now, goes pretty well, and when we use it for shopping its great to know I have a wagon to just park anywhere without worrying and just lobbing stuff in it either going to the dump or shopping! She has scraped it a couple of times too, so I just spray over it with rattle cans!

• Like 1

I totally get it mate, after someone keyed my car recently I was so annoyed and thought I’m not gonna lease next time but get something older instead that I can take to the car wash and park it where I like

.....But I wouldn’t be seen dead in a green sunny :lol: 

Ive bought 2 cheap cars in the past, the first was a temporary car that I needed for a few months while the Skyline was off the road. This cost me 780 quid, I’d happily buy one again 

A lesson in shedding:

CB0DE4ED-D9B2-4C17-8252-0AE573B92685.jpeg

BB7363D3-ACCC-4FA4-9DC2-37EABB863571.jpeg