Rolex/Omega Watch Chat

reeceybeaney

Linking two of my hobbies together... any other mad watch freaks out there on the forum? 

The watch market is a bit quiet this time of year, which is strange even tho basel was on not a month ago.

Start off with a question everyone wants the answer to:

What's the best monetary investment time piece of the moment?

What's your favourite high end piece?

PFA - not my pieces but please share yours whatever it may be! :) going to use this to hopefully get people posting!:worthless:

Rolex_zpsahnsygvv.jpg

• Like 1

I've got a Tag F1 edition I got for my 30th. It's getting on for 4 yrs old now.  I love a good watch, but not a fan of most Rolex, I prefer the sportier style over ther gentlemanly style if that makes sense. 

Screenshot_20180417-112921.png

• Like 1

Have to admit those are nice, and do look fairly chunky, such with my fist of ham I require. Its just delicate watches I can't be doing with.  

Cheers I love it.  I'd like more watches but if it was zed or watch money, the zed wins. 

I'm not a fan of Rolex as i think they have too much wordings on the face =(. Like @Jay84, i like Tag (sportier look). Mrs got me an Aquaracer 3 years ago. And in return, i got her an Omega Constellation for her 30th

Edited by veeg33

1 hour ago, Jay84 said:

So, smart watch or time piece? 

For work I have an old Timberland I got for my 18th and is still going strong... is a bit like triggers brush though :lol:

15239666655597555415789775607854.jpg

Wow that's impressive! 

Smart watch and time piece can be the same! As well as investment and/or money pit if you buy the wrong one :lol:

Yeah I like the idea of a smart watch but my brother in law has one and he's a bit of a tool:lol:. I tend to get involved in the workshop at work and a smart watch would just break... It's why I go through so many phones.  

• 4 months later...

https://www.omegawatches.com/watches/speedmaster/moonwatch/speedy-tuesday-ultraman/product

https://www.watchfinder.co.uk/Omega/Speedmaster Ultraman/311.12.42.30.01.001/36704/item/120323

Got to be my favourite Omega of this year! Judging by the watchfinder price, must be quite sort after too. Maybe even end up with one on my own wrist soon;)

Edited by reeceybeaney
Adding link

• 8 months later...

I want a Seiko, although I don't know what one just yet.

I think I have about 15 different watches in wishlists :lol: (all affordable).

Some mates have ridiculous pieces (PatekP/Hublot etc), however I don't really care about the inner workings of them, just the design. Basically the complete opposite to cars for some reason :blink:

3 hours ago, veeg33 said:

I have my eyes on this one --> https://www.omegawatches.com/watch-omega-speedmaster-57-omega-co-axial-chronograph-41-5-mm-33110425102002. Might go for a 0% finance or alternatively purchase this in Malaysia when I go there next year. Seems to be around £300-£400 cheaper.

All about the manual, original movements on the professional speedmasters ;) 

1 hour ago, RobPhoboS said:

I want a Seiko, although I don't know what one just yet.

I think I have about 15 different watches in wishlists :lol: (all affordable).

Some mates have ridiculous pieces (PatekP/Hublot etc), however I don't really care about the inner workings of them, just the design. Basically the complete opposite to cars for some reason :blink:

Haha it's strange how people are in to different things, I love the investment and rarity of some pieces... I like having something someone else wants!

For example the new Rolex GMT has a 7 year waiting list and some second hand values are double retail :lol:

Good investment if you can get one... B)

Edited by reeceybeaney

2 hours ago, reeceybeaney said:

All about the manual, original movements on the professional speedmasters ;) 

Haha it's strange how people are in to different things, I love the investment and rarity of some pieces... I like having something someone else wants!

For example the new Rolex GMT has a 7 year waiting list and some second hand values are double retail :lol:

Good investment if you can get one... B)

Yep, I've seen a few of them with umteen watches that they'll buy up and sell on a year or two later (with Brucey bonus).

I couldn't do that as I'd not have a clue about them, other than - oh, that looks nice :doh: