100% Suspension NOOB

burntorange

36 minutes ago, longsh07 said:

Do me a favour, after you've been driving the car and come to a stop, touch the alloys and tyres on the rear end. Is one side hotter than the other? Can also try touching the calipers. I wouldn't touch the discs though just in case :lol:

I'm starting to wonder if one of your brakes is seized and or dragging. That might upset the braked LSD system which will flash the TC light.

I will try this after my trip home tonight and report back on this one

18 minutes ago, Jetpilot said:

If you can repeat this behaviour every time, get a mate in the car and video it and also try it with the tcs turned off, how are you slowing the car down, gear changes or brakes?

What equipment did your long trusted friend mechanic use to check the alignment measurements?

I am still yet to try without tcs which i should have by now, i slow down by just the brakes and engine braking most of the time.

2 hours ago, Ekona said:

Shame, if you were a bit closer I was going to say pop round and we'll get on it together and see if we can figure it out :) 

ooh er get it on together

sorry dan I'm easily amused :lol:

and I've had a really boring day

Edited by andybp
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, burntorange said:

Just outside Birmingham

I’ve read a lot of good things about cougarstore up them ways, that would be my first trips I think someone previously mentioned but you need a good mechanic that knows what to look for specifically on a Zed imo.

If you’re up for a trip further south I use FCM motorsport in Bristol’s they’ve been great... Don’t look like much but they know they’re stuff and came highly recommended. They had a good check during MOT and (though I was a sceptical at first) went with his advice to get some super pro poly bushes in the front (yet to finish the back) which alone has transformed the handling and made it feel way more planted... I’d recommend doing this either way if you can in addition to what’s already been recommended!

just over an hour away cougar store, worth a call i reckon.

I havent managed to test for temperatures yet as both times ive driven the car ive totally forgot on exiting to test it haha, lunch time now tho so will go out for a drive and see and hopefully my fish like memory will remember.

Thanks for the offer btw Ekona, long distant relationship not on the table?

This sounds like an issue with the viscous couplings in your differential.

It's like the diff is locking too easily, which would cause the oversteer.

If everything else has been checked like arbs, droplinks, struts etc this would be the next area I would be looking at. 

Or it could even be the quality of the lubricating oil in it. Could be overheating/tightening up due to poor quality oil or lack of. Might be worth changing the oil if you have exhausted all other options. 

Edited by Rob332

• 2 weeks later...