New MOT Rules - May 18

tspar

Stinks that they are using this to crackdown on the very diesels they couldn't advocate strongly enough only a few years ago. I'd be pretty TO'd if I'd snapped one up due to the breaks, only to find the goals being moved retrospectively.

A bit of a grey area as technically you're driving with known faults or defects, but the mot checker system only shows the expiry date. MOT history shows most recent test though. The problem with having a rigid can't drive if it fails rule, it's dodgy garages can hold a customer's car hostage forcing them to have work... hence the updated movement rule.

As you probably know from your job though Davey, I'm not allowed to return a fleet car if it fails, which can be annoying if I don't have the tyre contract, it means Kwik fit have to fit a tyre on my forecourt and that can take a day or 2.

Edited by Jay84

Yes pal very annoying and if a tyre/s has failed the MOT from wear, the driver cant really jump up and down as we do state its the driver responsibility to check tyres semi regular basis LOL We do ask that a garage call KF fleet to seek an authority, to which the garage can bill us via 1 link for x tyre/s using a kf p/o number.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...