370z Headlight Modification UK based.

Ranj 370z

Hi, 

I have read that you can spray the inside housing  of the headlights and fit halos to them. (I have the halos myself) 

Could someone recommend some workshops that provide these services. Near or local to Birmingham. 

Have been trying for weeks trying to find someone to work on them. 

And yes I'm aware that I can put them in the oven and do it myself however I don't want to take that risk. 

Ranj.

6 minutes ago, Ranj 370z said:

Hi, 

I have read that you can spray the inside housing  of the headlights and fit halos to them. (I have the halos myself) 

Could someone recommend some workshops that provide these services. Near or local to Birmingham. 

Have been trying for weeks trying to find someone to work on them. 

And yes I'm aware that I can put them in the oven and do it myself however I don't want to take that risk. 

Ranj.

Hi mate 

Rsv graphics do this for about £250 and have done a few sets before 

They are bassed in Dudley 

4 hours ago, nissanman312 said:

Hi mate 

Rsv graphics do this for about £250 and have done a few sets before 

They are bassed in Dudley

I contacted them this week before making this post. They've told me they don't provide this service anymore and that it's too much of a big job. 

6 hours ago, Ranj 370z said:

I contacted them this week before making this post. They've told me they don't provide this service anymore and that it's too much of a big job. 

Ahhh ok 

I imagine it's not cost effective job at that price 

And if it goes wrong the cost of the headlights kills it

• 1 year later...
11 hours ago, Umster said:

Did anyone in Birmingham ever get this done for you mate? 

@Ranj 370z 

The OP last visited in December mate so I doubt you'll get an answer from him/her. I'd be interested to know too as I'd like mine split and painted but would prefer someone with experience to do it.

I can burn oven chips, so I don't fancy putting £1000's worth of headlights in my oven :lol: 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I was exactly the same regarding the oven method and would never do that! I used the alternative way of just using a heat gun. It was actually very simple to do, it just required patience.

I actually didnt even use a heatgun as i didnt have one, i used a hairdryer. And it still worked. If i can take them apart with a hairdryer, anyone can take them apart using a proper heatgun :lol:

20181229_141636.jpg.736e3ede7a78ad5853f48428fb9bbc37.jpg

20181230_142226.jpg.3b01f67bef28efa6d92caa3a58ffa865.jpg

• Like 2

David how about resealing etc? How did you do it? What did you use? Sorry for the Q’s! :lol: My main concern is sealing them correctly to ensure (as much as possible) that they don’t must up or allow condensation to form. 

Any pics of the finished item back on the car? Just so we can admire your work. 

Haha. No worries at all, ask away...

I scraped out/off the old silicone and then basically went nuts with loads of replacement silicone sealant. The sealant i got was made for a glue gun holder, which made it very easy to apply into the crevices where the sealant goes. Just make sure you apply loads and almost go over the top with it and you will be fine. Then just reheat the edges and push the lights back together.

Here is the finished product. I was very happy with the results.

20190101_162807.jpg.3992a24a7682b62b1f09a3fa32a7d212.jpg

00405B7B-7AA5-4A74-B905-D090C08E102C.jpeg.1439302cfdce02bc811e055a3ac3db84.jpeg

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Umster said:

See I wanna know how hard adding halos/demon eyes is? Anyone tinkered with the wiring? 

I believe you have to drill a tiny hole to take the wires through 

The only issues I have herd of is the heat of the light melting glue used to fix them 

On ‎29‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 14:02, nissanman312 said:

Looks great 

For those that dont want to do it I've spoken to rich at rsv and although they dont offer this anymore hes happy to do a few sets on the side I'm probably going to get mine done soon 

Any chance there's a group price that he'll be willing to do them for if we get enough interest?

• 4 weeks later...