Cost for fitting springs and spacers

chreewebb

I know this has been asked before but I couldn’t find a thread which wasn’t at least 5 or so years old. I have just bought some 30mm Eibach lowering springs & 20/25mm spacers for my Z. How much is reasonable for a garage to charge for this and to have the wheels aligned? As I got quoted £399 today which seemed steep. I’m not very confident to do it myself so ideally would like a garage to do it. 

Thanks, Chris 

I bend, break and sheer off most things if i stare at them long enough and i managed a full spring change on my drive. Rears are so easy that you feel there should be more to it, fronts are straight forward as long as nothing seized, just take your time.

Job satisfaction is high. Full wheel alignment will be along the lines of 70 + Vat.

3 hours ago, Hayd350 said:

I bend, break and sheer off most things if i stare at them long enough and i managed a full spring change on my drive. Rears are so easy that you feel there should be more to it, fronts are straight forward as long as nothing seized, just take your time.

Job satisfaction is high. Full wheel alignment will be along the lines of 70 + Vat.

Nice one cheers mate, gonna give it a go! Just waiting for my springs to be delivered. Hopefully next Saturday is dry! Lol

• Like 1

Spray every nut you can see near a wheel attached to any type of suspension with WD40 now and repeat the night before you attempt it. Stuff will 100% be seized so give yourself the best chance you can.

I DID IT! Took me and a friend most the day but we have fitted the springs and the spacers and the ride is amazing! Pics will follow tomorrow after I’ve given her a clean! Wd on the nuts helped a lot! Proper chuffed and the satisfaction of doing it yourself is well worth it! 

Also all the posts on the forum helped me no end! So hopefully this gives a little more faith to people who are unsure whether to have a go theirselves!