Nismo Depreciation?

FallenAngelX

9 hours ago, s1xtyn1n3 said:

Can confirm I get a lot of tramlining in my 2018 Nismo, not just on breaking or on bad roads either; I get it driving around the ring road here which I never really had problems on with in my 350Z. 

Have a read of my thread regarding my 2018 Nismo crabbing and tramlining badly. Currently in the process of rejecting the car with Nissan, who are being difficult.

My 2016 Supercharged Nismo drives as straight as an arrow, tramlines occasionally however totally different drive from the 2018 Nismo which is running Dunlop GP600 Tyres.

Edited by Bikeracer

Ive got a new 2018 Nismo which I picked up a couple of weeks ago. It does tramline but only on badly worn roads, noticeable under heavy braking but no where near as bad as my Z4 on run flats.

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/04/2018 at 09:34, Payco said:

Seems odd as I have a 2016 Nismo and absolutely no tramlining. Not sure what Nissan did to create this issue on the later cars.

Maybe they've got a new type of shipping spacer to really let you know your local dealer didn't take them out :lol:

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

If you are still concerned about the depreciation, you might want to check out the depreciation video I made. The numbers are for the German market but shouldn't be too far off for the one in the UK. There is quite a significant difference between the Nismo and the standard 370z.

13 hours ago, Fourwheeltrader said:

If you are still concerned about the depreciation, you might want to check out the depreciation video I made. The numbers are for the German market but shouldn't be too far off for the one in the UK. There is quite a significant difference between the Nismo and the standard 370z.

Are we talking mk1 or mk2

The depreciation is higher for the Nismo only initially as its more expensive to buy. Once the car is over 1 year old with at least 6000+ miles its priced in the high 20,000s some brazenly priced at £30,000. Once the car reaches 2 years the Nismo tends to slow in depreciation compared to the equivalent GT. 

In UK the only Nismo 370 I have seen below £20,000 was a 2015 with 72,000 miles priced at £18,000. Which literally was for sale for 6 months.

Initial depreciation is steep on the Nismo. Once at the lower 20,000s usually a 3 -4 year old car depreciation is already slowing down for the Nismo. 

According to carsalesbase site, Nissan are still selling over 200 cars worldwide per month. Some dealerships are discounting up to £4000 pounds to boost sales.

The standard car rate of depreciation is slower initially compared to the Nismo. I still think the Nismo will hold more value in future. A 10 year old Nismo is more likely to command more than the GT equivalent same year same mileage 

Edited by GranTurismoEra