Nismo Depreciation?

FallenAngelX

Hey all, 

So I am still in the market for a 370Z. Originally I was looking at a 2012 ish low mileage 370z with mods. Mods would have been. Amuse body kit, AAM short tails, Aerojacket Duckbill, Lowering springs, red 40th anniversary interior. 

How ever after pricing it all, it comes out to around £18.5k.

Now a 2015 20k mile nismo can be had for £24k from nissan direct. 

Looking on auto trader the cheapest nismo I can see is a 2013 one at £21k. Where as I have seen a regular GT 2013 car go for £13k. Are the Nismos holding value very well? Do you guys think its worth waiting for a 2015 nismo to drop in price a little or will they not budge much?

I would be happier with the Nismo 370Z but concerned about depreciation due to it being newer. Also would be less mods and just ready to enjoy I guess. 

What do you guys think? 

Cheers

A lot of people like modding to make a car their own and individual, some are happy to buy and fettle. Quite often discussed that the reality of a Nismo version is mainly aesthetics, a token gesture of hp increase, so not really a lot of difference to what you want to do, change the looks.

A Nismo will always hold more value to the std car, but i dont think its going to be the collectors item some people think, so there will still be depreciation to come, but probably no more than you will loose in modifying a std one :)

So the question to me is, would you prefer to be in something you have made your own or something that others have?

Edited by Jetpilot

Similar to Payco! I chose to go for the rarer Mk1 Nismo so even fewer about plus i like the overall look better than the Mk2. the Nismo has suspension and brake improvement differences as well as the slight increase in HP. I like to mod my cars and the Nismo outside looks nearly spot on, just needs the exhaust sorting louder lol and i feel a must are improvements to the interior which nissan missed! 

• Like 1

COMPETITION-TUNED INDEPENDENT SUSPENSION

The 370Z® NISMO® has an aggressive, competition-tuned suspension that will satisfy even the most demanding drivers. Up front and in back, we’ve added stiffer springs that decrease travel and help limit body roll.

The Nissan 370Z has the largest brakes ever offered on a 370Z – but the 370Z NISMO goes one better. Taking a page from the GT-R playbook, it sports high-rigidity brake hoses and performance brake fluid, giving you a firmer pedal feel in even the most extreme conditions.

Edited by Payco
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Payco said:

The Nissan 370Z has the largest brakes ever offered on a 370Z – but the 370Z NISMO goes one better. Taking a page from the GT-R playbook, it sports high-rigidity brake hoses and performance brake fluid, giving you a firmer pedal feel in even the most extreme conditions.

Spot on!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rickdon said:

Similar to Payco! I chose to go for the rarer Mk1 Nismo so even fewer about plus i like the overall look better than the Mk2. the Nismo has suspension and brake improvement differences as well as the slight increase in HP. I like to mod my cars and the Nismo outside looks nearly spot on, just needs the exhaust sorting louder lol and i feel a must are improvements to the interior which nissan missed! 

There are probably reasons for the exhaust being quiter than a renault...foreign cars seem to have more rules applied compared to the germans. Not sure why

2 hours ago, Jetpilot said:

Seems to be a lot of mention of suspension upgrades, never heard brakes before, can anyone tell exactly what these upgrades comprise of?

Ask adrian at torqen. He did his I think, I saw on youtube. Big brake kit. Bigger brembo calipers and discs

Thanks for the input everyone, So I have been doing some reading and I found that nissan actually sell the Nismo MK2 parts for a reasonable price. Now the only thing that would be missing would be bucket seats, I love the interior on the 370Z nismo, but the main thing I really love is the bucket seats. Any alternatives in the UK that are similar? I have seen the braum stuff which look really nice, but most bucket seats dont seem to have air bags? Are they still safe etc....

5 hours ago, Jetpilot said:

I meant the difference to the std 370z :)

The car has less body roll and is firmer and active. Theres a lot more going on in the steering over bad roads. If you watch tiff needells nismo gtr review. Put it this way if you got weedy arms youll get tired after driving it or grow new muscles. Steering and controls are heavier. Handling is different. You need to make adjustments when the tramlining occurs. Brakes are probably more firm but fade exists unless you change the discs to grooved and get performance pads etc

The car also tramlines under heavy breaking on bad roads

Hit a camber pothole etc youll be having to make adjustments. Thats your feedback. And ive been told by their technicians to live with it. :/

Meanwhile the 350 has none of these issues. And is more stable on motorway. Ride is firm

On 03/04/2018 at 23:19, GranTurismoEra said:

The car also tramlines under heavy breaking on bad roads

Can confirm I get a lot of tramlining in my 2018 Nismo, not just on breaking or on bad roads either; I get it driving around the ring road here which I never really had problems on with in my 350Z. 

From what i have i read on here its a trait of the car, do a search on bikeracer on here and as any thread re nismo handling, make sure the shipping blocks from the suspension have been removed.

Edited by Jetpilot