Throttle Controller

350z_james

I’m not sure if this if this is the right part of the forum for this question but here goes!

has anyone brought a throttle controller for their 350z and can anyone tell me whether driving in eco mode actually makes a massive difference to MPG at all?

im seriously trying to bring mine down and am running out of ideas of what I could possibly do!

cheers!

A throttle controller won't do anything your right foot can't - the eco mode is the same as not pressing the accelerator pedal as far.

If you want good mpg, just use a higher gear, don't accelerate harshly or unnecessarily and avoid braking unless you have to. It's not difficult to get ~28mpg, or 40+ on a motorway, especially if there is too much traffic to have fun.

Exactly that. Forward planning will make much more difference to your mpg than any gadget. 

Regardless of vehicle, I’ve also found the best way to save a few quid on fuel is to do 60 rather than 70 on the DCs and motorways. You’d be surprised how little difference it makes to the overall time of the journey, and makes for much more relaxed progress. 

I find my zed quite frugal, it's a car that'll easily do 30 in 5th and pick up speed by breathing on the loud pedal if you need to. I also find using the cruise control economical even on town driving. That being said when I want a cheap economy run I use my diesel.