Road Tax Rates wef 1 April 2018

Wilkini

Feeling pretty gutted by the new road tax rates (VED) as it seems the older model that I opted for because of the lower tax rate is now in the highest bracket and to rub salt into that wound, I'd even waited until today to tax my new car (which also failed because of the online tax system not finding my vehicle) so I didn't pay a whole month for 3 days of March and that delay ended up costing me £215 rather than saving me £27, and being unable to drive it until Wednesday.

Guess I'm the April Fool.

2018-04-01_162640.png

Edited by Wilkini

Not being funny, but if you chose the car based on the VED then that was a huge mistake regardless. The difference is about the cost of a pint of beer a week, it’s peanuts.

Just enjoy the car regardless, it’s the fuel consumption that will cripple you not the VED :lol: 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ATTAK Z said:

Not sure you're correct ... what year is your car ?

Agreed - don’t exactly understand what the OPs post is about? New tax bands only affect new cars, although all bands increase slightly year on year (but not £215!)

Annoyingly, this seems like the case from my investigations; CO2 emissions on my '54 plate Zed are at 273.2g/km which places her firmly in the M banding for next year. I feel like I have cheated the system though, got a sweet discount on tax a week prior to the government  robbers changing their taxation rates. Oh well, I suppose I've got to go and give them the pollution they are making me pay for! Haha.

6 minutes ago, EzeePzee said:

Agreed - don’t exactly understand what the OPs post is about? New tax bands only affect new cars, although all bands increase slightly year on year (but not £215!)

Is this the case? The document: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/694589/V149_rates_of_vehicle_tax_for_cars_motorcycles_light_goods_vehicles_and_private_light_goods_vehicles.pdf says that it affects models from '01 up to '17? Anyone got solid evidence on this?

3 hours ago, ATTAK Z said:

Not sure you're correct ... what year is your car ?

2 hours ago, Ekona said:

Not being funny, but if you chose the car based on the VED then that was a huge mistake regardless. The difference is about the cost of a pint of beer a week, it’s peanuts.

Just enjoy the car regardless, it’s the fuel consumption that will cripple you not the VED :lol: 

Agreed.

18 minutes ago, Fervidia said:

Read the * by Band K. Only applies to vehicles after 2006. 

• Thanks 1