Timing chain or timing belt?

D350z

Hi all, I'm on my third 350z (I love them so much) I have an Azure Blue convertible from 2007. The last with the original engine. In my service booklet it states the timing belt needs changing every 5 years or 50,000 miles. Other folk suggest there is no timing belt and it's a chain. My car has done 34,000 miles and is 10 years old. Should I just ignore my service booklet that came with the car. Thank you in anticipation.

On 29/03/2018 at 18:00, ATTAK Z said:

Like your photos :) ... can we have some of your car please ?

Thank you. I'm having a new mohair hood fitted to my 350Z next week and the wheels are being refurbed too (will be gunmetal Rays) so after those are done I'll get it polished up for summer and photographed for sure. It's fairly stock though and that's the way I like it. I think Nissan got this car right. Maybe the wheels could have been bigger with different offsets but apart from that it's fab. I tried spacers but the handling was shocking afterwards so I removed them. (20mm front and 30mm rear).

Should have got it on a 4 wheel laser alignment system rather than take them off, never had a problem with handling after spacers if the alignment was spot on :thumbs:

Look forwards to the pics :)