ECU mapped?

Sisi1990

Hey guys.

I'm pretty new to the forums but I've been driving my 370 for nearly a year now and discovered something interesting while driving the other day.

I nudged the cruise control set switch while on the road and my oil temp decided to shoot up to 110 which I though was odd since it had only been running 5 minutes.

I could make the needle dance up and down using the switch so assumed it's was some trim settings that a previous owner has put in place. After searching the net I came across ECUTEK who say that can set up an oil gauge hijack so I'm assuming this is what I have. Looking into these guys even more I found that I have what appears to be switchable maps too but two of the maps are really strange. 

1 appears to be a normal driving mode.

2 seems to have a much sharper throttle response and a bit more pull through the gears.

(This is where things now throw me)

3 comes across as normal but it hits a review limiter at 5k in all gears.

4 kills the engine the second it's engaged at idle and gives no fuel to the engine while in motion. 

Does anyone know if it is the ECUTEK tuning that I have and if so what do these maps and the weird oil gauge trims mean. (See the YouTube video of what I'm seeing below)

Many thanks in advance.

Si

Not sure about the Ecutek (sure someone will confirm) but I’ve had software like this on other cars. A ‘normal’ mode, ‘performance’ mode, the one with the Rev limiter is usually a ‘valet mode’ to restrict the revs when the car is in for service etc (to prevent over zealous mechanics taking it for a thrash ;)) - although 5k is a bit high, normally set around 3k, and finally an immobiliser setting where the engine can start but won’t fuel so won’t drive

Doesn't look like I've got launch. Shame I can't plug something into the OBD port and find out what's been done. Don't fancy shelling out for ECUTEK's Bluetooth OBD thing only you find it's not mapped by them and I've wasted my money.

6 minutes ago, Sisi1990 said:

Doesn't look like I've got launch. Shame I can't plug something into the OBD port and find out what's been done. Don't fancy shelling out for ECUTEK's Bluetooth OBD thing only you find it's not mapped by them and I've wasted my money.

Where are you based ? 

I have a ecutek cable 

Contact ecutek or the previous owner and see if they can help? or abbey or Horsham or litchfeild chances one of those 3 did the map 

19 hours ago, nissanman312 said:

Where are you based ? 

I have a ecutek cable 

Contact ecutek or the previous owner and see if they can help? or abbey or Horsham or litchfeild chances one of those 3 did the map 

Based in Bedfordshire. I'll have to get on to the last owner and see if it was him that mapped it.

Thanks for your help guys, much appreciated.

• 5 months later...

Any other tips here? I've purchased a 370z GT with the usual performance mods with a private plate. I've asked at Horsham and Abbey but they don't notice it but said it could have come under the stock license plate (logbook shows the plate has been with the car for several years)

Can't figure out if it has had the UpRev mapping done. Any tips will help. 

If its had an uprev tune, not sire about ecutek. Then theres going to be at least on more map on the car. I.e. valet map. Speak to Horsham or Abbey and ask them how to change maps. It has something to do with the cruise control I think. Either way after they tell ya give it a go. If the map changes then you know it's been remapped for sure. 

• 1 year later...
On 30/09/2018 at 15:13, Umster said:

So I found this link on YouTube which is really handy. I get the flashing cruise control lights albeit my console is different (2011 GT model). Now the fun and games of finding what maps there are either by myself or via Horsham! 

https://youtu.be/KpKc1Vbs0JE

As a new member, I’m just catching up on forum posts, so apologies for resurrecting an old thread.

But, to find out your cars previous reg, go to the DVLA web-site to put your current number on retention, and the site will tell you, before you go through with it, what number will replace your private reg. In most cases, this will be the cars original plate. You could then ask Abbey/TDi/Horsham if they recognise it, and they may be able to give you further info on what mapping you have.

HTH

• Like 1