davey_83

Salisbury incident  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Who's responsible?

• Russian government
    • UK government
    • Other

2 hours ago, coldel said:

Yeah but surely we are the goodies and they are the baddies right?

I mean, they subversively took Crimea by force, when have we ever invaded a country without warrant ;)

• Like 2

When you look at what Russia have actively been doing in Syria that involves hundreds if not thousands of terrible deaths/injuries of innocent families, in the most atrocious ways to serve their interests, I cannot see how anyone can realistically suggest that taking out a few (former) agents that have double-crossed the Russian state is then questionable beggars belief.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, DoogyRev said:

Now with Borris and his hitler comparison, I would not fancy going to the World Cup as a player or a spectator . .  the psycho Russian mobs and gangs will be looking for anyone English . . :surrender:

Dont want to start a fire but funny how Boris is lecturing on historical events and linking Putin to Hitler, and yet Soviets have boycotted Hitlers Olympic games.

An old photo of United Kingdom vs Germany in 1938 6-3

38.jpg

• Like 1

Boris didn't actually say that. It was a Labour MP, Ian Austin, that actually made the comparison: Boris simply agreed with the sentiment.

Whether it's a fair comparison or not, it certainly wasn't a clever thing for either man to say.

My thoughts too but governments don't work like that, they'll do exactly what they want and justify it to the believing masses - without evidence or resolve, with the mindset we're the victims.

Edited by davey_83
  • Like 1

Its called problem, reaction, solution.

Oh look Iraq has wmd's (problem) the population reacts in fear, please keep us safe (reaction) lets bomb the crap out of Iraq (solution)

The wmd's never existed and there is as much evidence to show novichok exists.

Lets put it this way:

Novichok, the most deadly toxin known to man but hasn't actually killed anyone in salisbury.

So toxic all you need is one partical on your skin and it will kill you but then look at the photos of the scene, there are people in hazmat suits talking to firemen in day uniform with open face helmets and bare hands while in the long shots there are people sat waiting at a bus stop.

So toxic that the public were having to destroy there clothes but they remove the contaminated car from the scene on a faltbed truck through the town centre.

Strange how in majority of cases this weapons are "found" "used" in counties who are from strategical geopolitical values, rich in oil and gas, or have "dictators" on power...

Western forces usually use peaches and flowers in their campaigns against their enemies

• Thanks 1

On 3/23/2018 at 18:23, Ebized said:

When you look at what Russia have actively been doing in Syria that involves hundreds if not thousands of terrible deaths/injuries of innocent families, in the most atrocious ways to serve their interests, I cannot see how anyone can realistically suggest that taking out a few (former) agents that have double-crossed the Russian state is then questionable beggars belief.

Really good point. To me, the Russian conquest in Syria is nothing more than a training exercise for them. As someone else has already said - Jetpilot i think - They don't give a sh*t about anything, including Syria.

Do you infer that our government do care? We armed what was to become IS ourselves because at the time it served our interests to bring down a government we didn't like, it has come back and bitten us right on the backside but the government swept that under the carpet. We went into Iraq with our pals from the US but then once we smashed and removed their governing body did little to put anything else in place allowing warlords to enter into a battle of power where tens of thousands of civilians have been displaced or killed. The US have been running invasion training sessions a hundred miles from the coast of North Korea for decades and we wonder why they have continued to pursue nuclear weapons. 

There are no goodies and baddies here, we are as guilty as Russia of committing gross acts of human demise either directly or indirectly, we are all baddies in most modern conflicts unfortunately. 

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Rock_Steady said:

Really good point. To me, the Russian conquest in Syria is nothing more than a training exercise for them. As someone else has already said - Jetpilot i think - They don't give a sh*t about anything, including Syria.

Russian conquests hm... As i recall Russia didn't started any conquest in Syra nor they where first foreign troops to enter Syria. Western allies started it and Russia just provided support to legitimately elected president Assad after a very know scenario (Iraq, Libya, Afghanistan) start developing in Syria.

And Yanks and Western they do care a lot aside od gas pipe and oil

52 minutes ago, coldel said:

There are no goodies and baddies here, we are as guilty as Russia of committing gross acts of human demise either directly or indirectly, we are all baddies in most modern conflicts unfortunately. 

I would agree with this depending on your moral standing, however, i would like to see the fallout (providing this is true) if we did the same in Russia, or anyone did the same on Russian soil.

• Confused 1

48 minutes ago, davey_83 said:

How does a timely fire in a busy Kemerovo shopping centre grab you............

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-43531684

That an old soviet era building, poor equipment and substandard regulations are in place in a more remote part of Russia and that anything from an electrical fault to a cigarette could have ignited a fire that torched the building? Like how Grenfell grabbed me actually.

18 hours ago, Snjur said:

Russian conquests hm... As i recall Russia didn't started any conquest in Syra nor they where first foreign troops to enter Syria. Western allies started it and Russia just provided support to legitimately elected president Assad after a very know scenario (Iraq, Libya, Afghanistan) start developing in Syria.

And Yanks and Western they do care a lot aside od gas pipe and oil

I never said Russia started it. That's not my point. Just that it's an opportunity to flex there muscles as in Ukraine. 

Edited by Rock_Steady

19 hours ago, coldel said:

Do you infer that our government do care? We armed what was to become IS ourselves because at the time it served our interests to bring down a government we didn't like, it has come back and bitten us right on the backside but the government swept that under the carpet. We went into Iraq with our pals from the US but then once we smashed and removed their governing body did little to put anything else in place allowing warlords to enter into a battle of power where tens of thousands of civilians have been displaced or killed. The US have been running invasion training sessions a hundred miles from the coast of North Korea for decades and we wonder why they have continued to pursue nuclear weapons. 

Not inferring, implying or suggesting, just giving my tupence worth. Not saying they are bad or good or we are any better.

25 minutes ago, Rock_Steady said:

I never said Russia started it. That's not my point. Just that it's an opportunity to flex there muscles as in Ukraine. 

Ukraine I just an unsuccessful plan of EU and Western trying to put a pressure on Russia which now ended how it ended. Ukraine bring abandoned by EU and on time out from Russia. 

EU with USA is tightening the missile shield around Russia, also allies planes and war ships are patrolling close to Russia territories, it's funny to expect they will stand still.

How would States react for example it was other around if Russia starts again something like Cuba.

As far as Krimea goes Krimea was in past Russian territory and was given to Ukraine.

Due to my job I have been working with a lot of lads from Krimea and they all declare them self like Russian. I was curious on referendum results as in western news it was described like false pool etc from their stories more than 90% people to vote for joining Russia.

Edited by Snjur

...and the Russian guy that pretty much invented the suspected nerve agent defected to the US and lives there. Pretty sure as part of the deal he would have had to divulge how its made, all the secrets of delivering it etc. 

The plot thickens...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coldel said:

...and the Russian guy that pretty much invented the suspected nerve agent defected to the US and lives there. Pretty sure as part of the deal he would have had to divulge how its made, all the secrets of delivering it etc. 

The plot thickens...

:stir: indeed. Keep stirring