Project X

andy james

I have been looking for a new project for about a year due to the Phoenix getting to a stage where unless something earth shattering comes along she is finished.

I have toyed with the idea of a few 80s icon cars such as mk1 GTI or a corrado VR6. Prices are silly now for even basket cases and I have to say I’m better at spannering rather than welding and painting.

Also as a middle aged dinosaur I’m wanting to enjoy a last hurrah of large engined vehicles before small capacity boosted motors and EV power plants take over.

Being a long turn Biker I couldn’t turn down the offer of a friends unfinished project.

Full Power 1200cc 145bhp VMax!

99969F49-92A6-46E2-AC01-8B54BFD5A72E.jpeg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

After a lot of hard work stripping down and rebuilding the gummed up carbs,seized discs/callipers, recovered seat,sorting out many electrical problems I put the newly painted body parts and other refurbed bits back on last week.

New tyres,carb balance and MOT and I get to experience V boost!

Its no pebble beach restoration  contender as these bikes don’t fetch big money but I think Max is Back! 

9D630601-6601-4030-9B93-DCF2BB20806C.jpeg

• Like 1