Lightweight flywheel & Clutch

burntorange

I got the Xtreme clutch and fly kit from Clark Motorsport when I had my 350z and it was one of the best additions I made to the car. Revved so much more freely. I couldn’t recommend both the kit and supplier more.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bigjackb said:

I got the Xtreme clutch and fly kit from Clark Motorsport when I had my 350z and it was one of the best additions I made to the car. Revved so much more freely. I couldn’t recommend both the kit and supplier more.

Glad you are impressed Jack, we always have this kit in stock for next day delivery :)

• 2 weeks later...

Against majority advice i went for the JWT lightweight flywheel and clutch from Torqen purely on the basis that no one seems to be able to give exact figures for flywheel weight and clamping load of the Xtreme clutch, always something like " X Percentage better than oem" means nothing to me!

Anyone have any feedback about the JWT kit? 

34 minutes ago, burntorange said:

Against majority advice i went for the JWT lightweight flywheel and clutch from Torqen purely on the basis that no one seems to be able to give exact figures for flywheel weight and clamping load of the Xtreme clutch, always something like " X Percentage better than oem" means nothing to me!

Anyone have any feedback about the JWT kit? 

I could have given you this information :) 

Clamp load is 1285kgs which equates to 615nm or 453 ft lb of torque. 

The flywheel weight is 7.2kgs and is optimised to reduce the chatter experienced with going from the dual mass to single mass flywheel.

• Like 3

I have no intention of offending you Ewen, but as a buyer i shouldn't have to ask, as all the information should be made readily available on the product page and this isnt just Clark Motorsport that give no figures for this particular clutch, they all seem to leave it out. Hence why in the end I went with something i knew about, sorry.

2 hours ago, Ewen@Clark Motorsport said:

I could have given you this information :) 

Clamp load is 1285kgs which equates to 615nm or 453 ft lb of torque. 

The flywheel weight is 7.2kgs and is optimised to reduce the chatter experienced with going from the dual mass to single mass flywheel.

as someone who is planning to switch to this setup later in the year this info is dead handy. 

But it could you in simple terms compare it to the oem setup and how this is more affective? 

Thanks 

3 hours ago, Ewen@Clark Motorsport said:

No offence taken :)

The clamp load figures are on our thread in our trader section and on the Xtreme UK website but the flywheel weight is not, ill see if I can get that added.

The web developer in me would also suggest adding these figures to your own website so users can compare like for like.....just my 2 cents

• Like 1

9 hours ago, da.murf said:

as someone who is planning to switch to this setup later in the year this info is dead handy. 

But it could you in simple terms compare it to the oem setup and how this is more affective? 

Thanks 

No problem, the main benefits of switching from the dual mass setup to a lighter single mass flywheel are that its maintenance free with no moving parts and also a lot lighter allowing the engine to rev more freely.

The Xtreme kit has a higher clamp load than the OEM clutch kit which means it can deal with more power, we have a number of FI cars running this setup with no issues.

It retains a stock pedal feel so is ideal for everyday use. There will be an increase in gearbox idle chatter below 1500rpm but the benefits far out weigh this.

We supply and support the full Xtreme range in the UK offering full back up support.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...