Successor to 370z

Gudzy

You guys also have to remember that the US market is not necessarily a shoe in for Nissan as some others have suggested. Despite there being less bias towards the German marques/badge snobbery in the US compared to here, a new Z will have to compete with the  Mustang , Camaro, Charger  etc on US soil

8 hours ago, hmale4yu said:

You guys also have to remember that the US market is not necessarily a shoe in for Nissan as some others have suggested. Despite there being less bias towards the German marques/badge snobbery in the US compared to here, a new Z will have to compete with the  Mustang , Camaro, Charger  etc on US soil

Wont be an issue if done right. Around the track its a no brainer. Thank USA down to Europe thered be no Z since the 350

A Z car is a completely different market and demographic, it wont go toe to toe with muscle cars and wouldnt even try, I am sure they would love to steal a few customers away, but that will be about as high as their aspirations get, Nissan is after ze Germans, Porsche and BMW, most comparisons are 350z/370z to Cayman/Boxster/M cars, GTR to 911 Turbo S.

I havent done as much reading on this subject as you guys but I am sure the bean counters at Nissan will have a defining say on what happens next. Having seen the sales figures 350z to 370z would it make economic sense for them to bother building a new Z car in the near future? Personally concerning the EU I would be more concerned about where I site my production and head office facilities post March 2019 and looking at the rapidly changing dynamics of drive train, fuel costs, attacks on diesel (look at JLR this morning) consumer demand moving to SUVs etc. Sports cars in all their derivatives make up less than 1% of European car sales, unless Nissan have a point to prove in that segment I cannot see financially any reason for them to do this right off the back of such poor sales of the 370z.

Edited by coldel
  • Like 1