Help/guidance please

Paul K

Gents (and ladies)

i have a dilemma!!

one of my (not immediate) neighbours, wrote a derogatory word in the snow on the boot of my Zed, which may have permanently scratched the paint.

I caught him doing it on my CCTV system, so he is either blind or stupid (or both)

I challenged him this morning, and he denied it repeatedly, until i pointed out the cameras, then he claimed that it was in retaliation to me "nearly knocking him and his dog over 2 weeks ago, driving like a loony" an event that i don't believe happened.

Do i just let it drop, or take further action

i'd say to him. "Here's the evidence (camera footage) so i'll be billing you. If you have any qualms with me in the future, please feel free to pop over for a chat because, vandalising peoples' property is hardly they way to do it. Pay up and Grow up" 

• Like 1

To be honest, i'm likely to let it go......his wife runs a florist, just around the corner, which my Mrs uses frequently....i think i'll leave it to my Mrs to make him look an idiot in front of his OH.....the repercussions are likely to be be far more damning!!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm with Zmanalex on this one.

As it's  a neighbour I'd use it an opportunity to build bridges rather than escalate things to a total nightmare.

He either genuinely felt aggro regarding something he perceived you did, or is a genuine numpty.

In case of scenario one I'd genuinely apologize for driving like a loon to try and win him over.

In scenario two hopefully show him you're a genuinely nice guy to make him feel bad about future numptiness.

Even maybe getting your missus to later mention to his missus how genuinely sorry you were so that she is in the loop and on side.

But

Any future numptiness and pull up the old footage to present to the relevant authorities and deny any apologies given saying the neighbour is just a loon!