Head gasket for 54 plate right hand drive 350

musicman

Hi all,

I have had issues with the heating system for a while and swapped out the radiator and thermostat but is still running hot within a minute of starting up and not circulating properly. I am moving on and am guessing that it must be the head gasket which is blown.....does anybody have the parts for sale and can anyone advise is this a job I can manage or a garage visit??

WIth thanks in advance...

I have all the parts in stock that are required for a head gasket swop.

However, I would not be jumping in with a gasket job on the basis of a guess.

Get a proper informed diagnosis before you waste more of your hard earned.

I see that you are in Surrey so why not pop along to Abbey MS in Oxted.

Noting the work you have done, you may have an airlock that the 350's are prone to when the coolant is changed.

So as ZMANALEX suggests, get a proper diagnosis.  Or follow the procedure set out the guide on the forum here:

Thank you both for helpful advice, I will give Abbey a shout on Monday and arrange to get her down there.....There has been an issue for a while with the heating even before the radiator blew.....Previous owner put a cheap one on her so I have upgraded and also swapped the thermostat. I am hoping it is not the head but will get it checked as per your guidance....I'll let you know!