Near miss with an e-bicycle

veeg33

Happened this morning where this person on a e-bicycle can't peddle up a small tiny gradient of about 1%...max 3%. So this person has an e-bicycle and my assumption is the 'e' feature wasn't functioning hence this person needs to start peddling up a small gradient. However this person don't seems to have the legs to do so hence start to struggle and taking a massive right turn into my path (I'm already a car's width away)..........arrrr!!! If you can't peddle, just an a moped or public transport!!

Could be the motor wasnt on line but maybe they had clip in's, ive seen loads of guys with clip ins crash because they have lost there balance and cant get their foot free from the clip and it automatically swerves to that side where they are trying to free their foot.

I love my ebike, but there is a time and a place and for me its not on the road, its out on the trails, i have zero idea why people want to cycle in the vicinity of cars, let alone trucks, buses and lorries etc

Clip ins are certainly not for casual road cycling - they are pretty dangerous not just releasing but also when cyclists make a balls up of taking off from lights and their foot cracks out the pedal and suddenly they are all over the place. I changed the pedals on my bike to standard ones (ok so I dont get the power benefits of clip ins) just so I can be much safer on the road!